Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2017, 02:40 AM   #1
Babymom
Registered Users

TTC with PCOS

Hi, everyone. Iím here as I want to meet new friends and people with whom I can discuss my life issue. I have some distinct problems with my fertility due to a tough PCOS. I was diagnosed with it when I was a teen girl. I didnít get any proper treatment since that time. Iím a little bit overweight. In addition, I have very hairy legs and arms. I do have menstruation, but sometimes, I happen to have 2-3 month wait between my cycles. My hubby and I have been TTC for nearly 3 years without any positive results. Firstly, we tried to do it in a natural way. Then I took metformin: I felt so bad that my gyny told me to stop taking it. I had an ovarian drilling, but we couldnít conceive after it too. My gyny says that my eggs may be of bad quality. She advises to try ED as one of the ways to conceive. Is there anybody here with the same problem? Did you manage to conceive? Maybe, there is someone here who can advise how to do it naturallyÖ
P.S. Weíve already visited one fertility clinic. Itís situated overseas. The clinic is much discussed on various fertility forums. We quite liked the egg donation package they offer. They have very reasonable prices and these were the main reasons why we decided to visit this clinic. The clinic turned to be not very large. Itís situated in a private mansion. We quite liked the RE whom we consulted there. She seemed to be very professional. Our consultation lasted nearly 45 min and during this time the doctor asked us loads of questions about our health issues. She also studied our health issues very attentively. We also liked our program coordinator. She is so sweet lady. However, we were a little bit puzzled to see so many patients in the halls of the clinic. The waiting room was full of people and there werenít vacant seats. We had to stand nearly 30 minutes before we could sit down. I was a little bit surprised that none offered us chairsÖ What do you think about this clinic? Should we deal with them?

Advertisement

Babymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Hive's Queen
Registered Users

Re: TTC with PCOS

Hi, there! I think you shouldn’t give up trying to conceive naturally. There are loads of ladies who managed to conceive with this illness. If I were in your shoes, I would find and visit a gyny who treats women with PCOS. Try to lead a health lifestyle and cut your crabs if you’re overweight.
P.S. As for the clinics, I would choose the one that I feel more comfortable with. Just trust your gut and you’ll make the right decision.
Hive's Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:17 AM   #3
seamaid
Registered Users

As far as I know, when you have PCOS, your oocytes may be of a bad quality and you donít ovulate. These are the main reasons why women with PCOS donít get pregnant. I also have PCOS. Like you, I did an ovarian drilling several years ago. However, it didnít help. We tried as hard as we could during the year after the surgery, but I didnít manage to get pregnant. Now, we want to try ED. Just consult several gynecologists and then youíll see what to do further. If you PCOS is a tough one, itís better not to waste time and try more effective method of treatment.
seamaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
texas.mama
Registered Users

I have PCOS and have 3 bio kids already. We're going to be TTC again in the coming months. Besides PCOS I have endometriosis, and Hashimoto's thyroid disease. I frequently did not ovulate before having any children. The problem was hormone levels, mainly not having enough progesterone kick in to kick that egg out. With my first pregnancy, among other "diagnostics," what actually did it was doing a progesterone withdrawal bleed. I took it orally a few days, quit, had a subsequent "period" (withdrawal bleed), and then conceived. The next time I conceived was after a single round of Clomid, I conceived twins but miscarried one so I personally wouldn't do that again. I started to get more regular after and conceived naturally but miscarried again, likely due to low progesterone. When I conceived again 6 months later (also naturally) my midwife immediately prescribed compounded progesterone which I used (vaginally) 2x a day for awhile. That worked and that was my 3rd carried to term. I now apply Pro-gest (pre-measured cream packets) 2x a day, I buy on Amazon for best price. This seems to help my hormone levels and, as of today, I'm still getting a monthly cycle since my last dd 8 yrs. ago. It's not 28 days, more like 31-32 days. I definitely recommend using progesterone of some type and also during the 1st trimester. Good luck! It can be done.
texas.mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
Babymom
Registered Users

Hi, ladies! Thanks for your replies. Texas.mama, your post has really cheered me. I would check this option with my gyny. I’ve consulted one gyny. She told me that none actually knows the true reasons of PCOS. Different women may have different levels of this illness. However, there are still some chances to conceive. We want to try DE IVF if nothing really works with me. I’m still searching for the solution and hope to conceive naturally!
Old 05-15-2017, 02:07 AM   #6
Hive's Queen
Registered Users

If I were in your shoes, I would choose the clinic that has high success rates. For me, it’s the main thing to pay attention to while choosing a fertility clinic. There some special websites where you can find this data. I would also pay attention to the way they’re going to choose an egg donor for you. It’s better to deal with the clinics that offer oocytes of young and healthy women. I would also ask them to check the ladies heredity before signing up a contract. I think you should pay attention to these things while choosing a fertility clinic.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:35 AM   #7
Babymom
Registered Users

The clinic we’ve got interested in is going to offer us oocytes of 19-25 women. According to the contract we’re going to sign up, all egg donors will be tested carefully to find out whether they are healthy enough to be egg donors. The clinic will also pay attention to their heredity. They won’t deal with a woman if her parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles have any hereditary issues. They also offer oocytes of the women who are mums already. This the way they’re going to find an egg donor for us. What do you think about it?
Old 07-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #8
seamaid
Registered Users

I think these are quite standard things. If you’re going to deal with a reputable clinic, they would try to offer you eggs of the best quality. However, I would also ask you several more questions… How are they going to choose an egg donor particularly for your DE IVF? As far as I know, some fertility clinics let their clients see the photo of the egg donor. What about the clinic you’ve got interested in? Do they offer such an option?
seamaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #9
Babymom
Registered Users

Yes, they give you an opportunity to glimpse at the donor’s 3D photo. You need to sign up a contract with them if you are willing to do this. However, some women prefer not to do this. I’m not among them. Before visiting the clinic for the first time, we sent them a short description of the woman who would suit us as an egg donor. We specified her height and weight. Our program manager told us that they have a very large database of egg donors. They usually use a special software to find a suitable one. This is the way they look for egg donors. What do you think about it?
Old 07-31-2017, 06:36 AM   #10
Hive's Queen
Registered Users

Ruby-lou, thanks for the clue. I would certainly check this… Of course, I want to give a birth to a child who will be totally mine. But if nothing works with me, I would apply for DE IVF. As for the clinic, I don’t think they would charge any additional fees. The clinic charges only a fixed sum for its services. It means no additional payments will be implied. As we’re going to book several shots, the sum will be divided into several installments. We may make the payment either in cash or via a bank transfer.