Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #151
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat- August 7

I'm really hoping they are leaving soon.

I am all out of shopping money.

I do need to update the diaper bag thread but I'm still thinking on which bag to pack for what.

Jen-messages cleaned out.

BRXB- I missed the note about your daughter being baptized this morning!!! How wonderful!!! I know the angels are singing for joy today.

Advertisement

MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #152
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Church this morning was good. Had a chance to have great conversation afterward with a couple ladies I don't often get a chance to chat with. Saw a family there for the first time, know the girls they had with them (one was their daughter, one a friend), but I didn't get a chance to talk to them. Really hope they come back. This afternoon I'm working on pillows, watching Mom's Night Out with my girls, and then we've got church tonight. After church tonight I am staying for Fit Club. There is a small group that works out up in the youth room on Sunday evenings and I'm going to join in. I will probably die halfway through, but effort needs to be made.
Good for you!
I was just sitting with some ladies talking about exercising again and missing our more active selves.

I hide in my bedroom sometimes when annoying relatives are here and I don't even have a baby as an excuse. Lol!!!! I'm sorry your frustrated

The variety show was very funny but it went late and everyone seemed a little tired this morning.

Jenbatten- I like things organized. Not saying I'm exceptionally good at it but it's what I prefer. It's a constant source of struggle because my parish is very disorganized. Things get done somehow and I've had years to get used to it.

So something like changing uniform only a few weeks before school would have made me flip my lid previously. Now I'm annoyed but not completely surprised.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #153
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

It would have drove me crazy (Alga) because I probably would have had the uniforms bought already. I like to be very prepared and organized--it's one of those blessings and curses traits. Many time it serves me well but many times I need to get over things and be more flexible.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #154
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
It would have drove me crazy (Alga) because I probably would have had the uniforms bought already. I like to be very prepared and organized--it's one of those blessings and curses traits. Many time it serves me well but many times I need to get over things and be more flexible.
I keep getting burned for preparing early.

I found it very inconsiderate. The only reason I'm not done uniform shopping is because I was busy college shopping so I'm behind schedule.

I sent an email telling them what size school ties I needed and included a note that my kids were going to have to wear what I cannot return. I made it obvious that it was non-negotiable.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #155
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm over today. Dinner is quick pasta when I planned on making roast chicken. I am extremely tempted to march back to the bedroom lay the baby on top of DH and leave. I'm exhausted and have not been without a child for longer than 30 min for more than 11 months now. I don't know what it's going to take because my I need a break is obviously not getting through. I'm thankful that I'm able to stay at home while the kids are young. But seriously that does not give you the option of ignoring my needs. My 10 yr reunion is this coming weekend. I planned on going maybe a couple of hours just to catch up with some of my old friends. DHs response was he didn't know since he has drill the next day and needs to go to bed early. Oh and this is after he has been training the last two weeks and even though he didn't have to travel he's only been home about 3 nights. And then he plans on staying at work most of the week. Oh and then he dares to say that in another two weeks he was going to be gone to another training.

I just need to rant.
andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #156
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunc02 View Post
I'm over today. Dinner is quick pasta when I planned on making roast chicken. I am extremely tempted to march back to the bedroom lay the baby on top of DH and leave. I'm exhausted and have not been without a child for longer than 30 min for more than 11 months now. I don't know what it's going to take because my I need a break is obviously not getting through. I'm thankful that I'm able to stay at home while the kids are young. But seriously that does not give you the option of ignoring my needs. My 10 yr reunion is this coming weekend. I planned on going maybe a couple of hours just to catch up with some of my old friends. DHs response was he didn't know since he has drill the next day and needs to go to bed early. Oh and this is after he has been training the last two weeks and even though he didn't have to travel he's only been home about 3 nights. And then he plans on staying at work most of the week. Oh and then he dares to say that in another two weeks he was going to be gone to another training.

I just need to rant.
Boy, does this sound familiar. What ended it for me (not that I recommend this) was me losing it one night when DH said he was going out. I lost it good and loud and crazy. Not the best way to handle things. But, we did institute a routine where I had one night a week, and he had one night a week that we were not responsible for anything. Frankly, nothing changed much for him, except that one night a week, he took care of the child(ren). Some nights I went out, some nights I hid in the bedroom, but I was not available. As the kids got older, they learned that on that night, I was not available and they wouldn't even come knock on the door. Try suggesting something like that to him. Or, tell him you need to find a babysitter. Or, just walk out of the house, tell him you'll be back, and let him deal.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #157
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I just need to rant.

I would tell him your going and he has to watch the kids, it's not up for debate. And also tell him you need one day a month to go shopping alone or get your Hair done, nails, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #158
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I just need to rant.
I think we've all been there! Since we have had the boys, there are times I get very overwhelmed. If I have a few rough days in a row and start to feel like I cannot deal, I let DH know straight up that you are having the kids on X day from the moment you get home. He has learned it's better to keep them (without arguing) when I say that than to deal with me being a psycho. It also gets the point across that I am having a rough time and he tends to pitch in a big more and/or baby me a bit for a couple days.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote