Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #11
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: One thing I will say for disposables...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I've never seen a diaper one either. Usually the outfits I keep in the diaper bag are pretty eh because we don't use them, often ever.. one of them would probably go in. I'm pretty paranoid about it though. I'd recommend putting your least favorite diaper in the car or at least some prefolds/flats or something... which reminds me...
There was a marathon or fun walk or something near the museum, so there was NO parking, not even in the pay lots or garage. Hubby had to drop me and the kids off, park far away, then walk for 20 minutes. So it would have been 40 minutes to get a diaper from the car and come back. And I wasn't even sure we had a diaper there because a few days earlier hubby took the car to be cleaned and he emptied it out. And of course, when we got home the clean diapers I meant to bring were sitting next to the door.

But, you know, I managed to bring all 3 parts of my son's Darth Vader costume (cape, full face mask, and miniature lightsaber) to the natural history museum. And before you ask: yes. Yes he wore it all. The entire time.

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
There was a marathon or fun walk or something near the museum, so there was NO parking, not even in the pay lots or garage. Hubby had to drop me and the kids off, park far away, then walk for 20 minutes. So it would have been 40 minutes to get a diaper from the car and come back. And I wasn't even sure we had a diaper there because a few days earlier hubby took the car to be cleaned and he emptied it out. And of course, when we got home the clean diapers I meant to bring were sitting next to the door.

But, you know, I managed to bring all 3 parts of my son's Darth Vader costume (cape, full face mask, and miniature lightsaber) to the natural history museum. And before you ask: yes. Yes he wore it all. The entire time.
ug
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #13
ohmeohmyfluffs
Registered Users
seller

this actually just happened to someone and she did give up here BG Audrey to a mama in need. LOL!
ohmeohmyfluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 AM   #14
Titus2
Registered Users
seller

But one thing I'll say for cloth, is that sposues can't fit my six month old and 3 year old like my pockets can! Pretty awesome!
Titus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:16 AM   #15
ketchupqueen
Registered Users
seller

On the other hand, I walked out without my diaper bag OR MY KEYS on my way to my husband's office once (we waited a few hours for him there-his office key is in my wallet rather than on my keychain), and I was so grateful we cloth diaper, because I totally did stick a pad I keep in my purse in her Flip when she peed, rinsed the flat out and hung it up to dry since I had no wet bag, rinsed the liner out and stuck it on the pad so she wouldn't get a rash. And it totally worked until he showed up and we could run home for the diaper bag before going to dinner!