Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
krissyc
Registered Users
seller

Cottonbabies prefolds?

I've been looking for some newborn prefolds to bulk up my newborn stash a bit and am wondering about the Cottonbabies Indian and/or Chinese ones. Since they'll be used as more of a back-up option, I really want to go with the cheapest option and with free shipping - those things are dirt cheap! But they don't have a really great guide as far as sizes after shrinking. Since I'm looking for something that could be used in the earliest days and then possibly as a doubler later on, I was leaning towards the preemie size. Has anyone used these in any size? Has anyone used these on a newborn?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
madelmom
Registered Users

Re: Cottonbabies prefolds?

I currently own 12 infant size bleached chinese and 24 regular unbleached indian. The unbleached indian are CONSIDERABLY softer than the bleached chinese and especially for a newborn I would go with those.
Now that my infant size have been washed about 6 times they measure 14" long by 10" wide. This makes them about the same size as GMD's Newborn size prefold only with a few extra inches in length which is what affects your rise and can be modified by folding over the back and/or front. I'm hoping I can make them work from the start for our little one due in March. I may pick up a few more flats in a smaller size though and I have a lot of other nb diapers if they don't fit right away.
The Unbleached Indian prefolds are considerably larger so if you go that route I would get the smallest size.
madelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
krissyc
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! So helpful! Anyone else?
Old 01-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

cotton babies prefolds are great quality but can't really help you on sizing. I was going to suggest you look into osocozy flats on amazon, cheap and verstal. Work great on a newborn with nb kite or neat fold and later with a doubler or maybe as a doubler.

I'd say even premee prefolds would be a bulky doubler for a pocket or anything other than in a flat. But not from experience.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
madelmom
Registered Users

In looking at LOTS of newborn baby photos, I agree, the flats look much less bulky (especially between the legs) than prefolds on newborns. I'm going to be getting some to try for that reason
madelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just want to say, I have the premium Chinese unbleached and they are soft and thick. Great quality and super cheap price!!
Old 01-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #7
CaraRae
Registered Users

I have cotton babies unbleached Indian coton prefolds. The infant measures 11X13 after prepping. I had the standard size i used for my 2 year old under wool/feece and that was his favorite diaper from about 18m when I got them until just over 2 when he potty leaned. I got the infant size for our new baby due in May. I think they are soft and they quilt up very nice. I put them on one of my dd's dolls under a newborn cover with the rise folded down and they weren't super bulky. I do have flats too for when baby is tiny.

Last edited by CaraRae; 01-28-2015 at 11:35 AM.
CaraRae is offline   Reply With Quote