Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
sarah1104
Registered Users
seller

Good Deal? Newborn Stash

Hi All!

I have the opportunity to purchase a newborn stash for $240 (includes shipping). I was starting to hang out here back awhile back (I then had a loss and am finally back for another try on our first baby!). From researching the site, I am pretty confidant that I would like to use prefolds and covers (I will be SAH), with few AIO for simplicity when needed, but I can't tell if this is a good deal:

24 GMD newborn prefolds
6 GMD organic newborn workhorses
4 Thirsties duo size 1 covers
2 Blueberry newborn coveralls
2 Blueberry Newborn Simplex AIO
36 GMD cloth wipes (flannel/terry)
3 snappies
1 large trash can liner
1 medium zippered wet bag (hoot pattern)

I did the math and it's a bit of a savings (total new cost would be $269 plus shipping), all of it is unused/new but washed. I am only 8 weeks, should I just wait and buy something when it's closer or should I jump on this deal?

Thanks to the experts and I am looking forward to jumping back in here!

Advertisement

sarah1104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good Deal? Newborn Stash

That's not bad seeing that it's all unused. Are they all the prints/colors you like? I tend to wait till after I find out if I'm having a girl or boy before I start buying diapers, but that might be a factor for you.:-)
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Nagshead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not a great deal. I'm sure you could build that same stash by shopping on here and piecing together for less. But also wouldn't be new
Old 01-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

If you were to shop around for sales you would probably be able to put together a stash for that new. There are lots of retailers with great rewards programs where you might end up saving/earning more than the difference in the price. And most places have pretty reasonable thresholds for free shipping too, so I wouldn't count on paying that either. Unless it is absolutely your dream stash, the small savings wouldn't be worth it IMO. you've got plenty of time to plan and shop
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Especially with this being your first you could ask for a lot of those things as shower gifts. Are there any grandparents that might want to help with diapers? I think that it isn't that great of a deal and you could do better. I would wait until you are further along and get a better idea of size and gender and then buy what you need but didn't get as presents.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
jodiarch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not much of a discount and you are only saving $30 and if you buy new, you will know what you are getting. You would be better off going to a store that gives you free diapers for spending that amount of money.
jodiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
Titus2
Registered Users
seller

I vote for waiting you may find you want gender specific things, and I know if you're anything like me, grandmas are going to want to get in on the fluffy cuteness!
Titus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #8
sarah1104
Registered Users
seller

thanks everyone! They are all gender neutral, and we aren't finding out anyway, but I am glad I waited to pull the trigger because I agree with you guys, I can buy it all brand new for almost the same price, so would rather piece together something on my own.

I am just so nervous/indecisive about what to get, so a package appeals to me, but I have PLlllleeenty of time to figure it all out!

THANK YOU!!
sarah1104 is online now   Reply With Quote