Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #301
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly chatter- March 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
So they supposedly have new LTE flip phones, which I saw online, but my store knew nothing about. Basically, when smartphones took over the world, I think they stopped making decent basic phones, but I thought maybe they were starting again.

we have one. They're very handy - neighbor girls sleep over sometimes and I can just whip that out and throw a sleeping bag on it. The only problem is, they're kind of narrow. DS does ok, but sometimes falls off. Last night the neighbor girl fell off. She slept on, though, so no big deal. If I use it when traveling it's not a problem - DS sleeps in the same room as me and my mama sense knows when he's about to fall off and pushes him back in.

Same problem. Emojis annoy me because I can't get them. I have an archaic lg...something that Verizon no longer supports and now it isn't holding a charge very long. I send and receive a lot of pics and/or short video clips with my family, I text a LOT, and I talk on it a lot, and it's just hard to find a phone that does all that anymore

I was hoping the new LG Exalt LTE would do all that but DH says it's LTE only, meaning it won't work where there is no LTE (i.e where there is only 3G), and where both our families are there is no LTE. So that one is out for now, unless things change. I'll keep looking. I'm trying to decide if qwerty keyboard is a must for me. I don't think it is. I rarely use mine.
I went with the Samsung Intensity 2...it has great reviews and was cheaper for a "great" condition one from a highly reviewed seller on ebay so I figured it would be worth a shot. If I remember to I will give you my opinion on it in a week.

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #302
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
He was just getting started lol.

He'd have the tv on the curb. Our TV is currently shoved in the basment. To me it would be nice to occasionally pop in a movie and sit on the couch. We compromised.

We do love movies and have quite a collection.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #303
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Very frustrated right now. I'm trying to do a resume and cover letter so I can apply for a job at the library, and it's just not working for me. So, I'm going to go eat some chocolate and play a game. I'll come back to the resume thing later.

That sounds like fun. (Working at the library.) I am about to eat some chocolate myself.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:10 PM   #304
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Weekly chatter- March 11

My MIL is bringing us a new cat tomorrow. It's one that she has tamed and it's super sweet but it's about to have kittens. She doesn't want kittens. 🤷🏼*♀️

So between my mom and me, we told her to bring her on and we would take them.

Last edited by MamaChirpy; 03-24-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:09 PM   #305
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
My MIL is bringing us a new cat tomorrow. It's one that she has tamed and it's super sweet but it's about to have kittens. She doesn't want kittens. 🤷🏼*♀️

So between my mom and me, we told her to bring her on and we would take them.

Oh kittens! How fun! My DH is allergic to cats and has asthma ☹️ I was always a huge cat lover before him.

We have a small miniature poodle She’s kinda like a cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #306
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
We do love movies and have quite a collection.

We’re movies lovers to. Although DH thinks we talk to much during them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 09:39 PM   #307
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I went with the Samsung Intensity 2...it has great reviews and was cheaper for a "great" condition one from a highly reviewed seller on ebay so I figured it would be worth a shot. If I remember to I will give you my opinion on it in a week.
Sounds great I did some more reading on the exalt and it can't get emojis either. I'm guessing I'll never find just the right phone that does everything cool without sucking the life out of me like a smartphone does.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote