Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else trying to stay fit?

I'm trying to have as healthy of a pregnancy as I can! But that is REALLY not easy during the holidays . I bake a lot and its hard to resist eating it all! I try to get to the gym at least 3 times a week, but when I was there the other day I started cramping a lot so I left. I only do lighter things like the treadmill and elliptical but getting cramps down low is really worrying me. Does anyone have any pregnancy friendly workouts they like to do?

Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else trying to stay fit?

Erin O'Brien has a great prenatal DVD. I did it every day for the past three pregnancies. It helped aches and pains and boosted my energy level, and my recovery after baby is born has been quicker and easier each time.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Unfortunately, I can't really do anything (except chase after my two little ones all day!) because of my recovering hip/tailbone issues, but I do eat super, super healthy because of my required diet for my sensitive nursing son, so I'm doing that much, at least! And carrying around a 22 pound baby has to count for something. ;-)

The workout I really liked when I was able to do it was TTapp. Anyone else done that? Really effective, not too difficult, and quick!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was running 3-5 days a week and doing a tough 2 x a week strength building workout before getting pregnant. Two weeks ago I broke a toe (nasty nasty break, still waiting for it to heal). I walk the dog 30 minutes twice a day, and as soon as I can run again I'm back to running! I track what I eat with myfitnesspal to keep my eating in check. Last pregnancy I was out of shape and gained 60 lbs, I'm going for something different this time lol.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
DDGoff
Registered Users

I started doing Barre3 you can do a free trial for 15days and I love it. I had foot surgery 3 months ago and it has been great, they have video's for warm-ups, prenatal, postnatal, core, arms, legs total body. You name it! If you like to just do one thing for an hour like the tredmil this might be a little hard to get your head around at first but there are 10, 30, 40 and 60 minute video's. It is a lot of core strength (which we totally need for prgnancy) and lengthening, stretching. They do use weights in the more intense workouts if you are looking for something with muscle definition.
DDGoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

During my last pregnancy, I ran until about week 35 and practiced my martial art (very gently!) until week 37 or so. But I was in great shape before the pregnancy so it was easy to just continue what I was going. This go round, I'm not really practicing my martial art because it got difficult to find the time after my son was born. I'm still running, but it's slow and not as far as I used to.

I think the key is to just keep moving and find ways to get things snuck in, like long walks. Some of these programs look interesting and I might check them out.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow!!! You ladies are impressive!!! I'm blown away by your ambition. I can't imagine having the time or energy to exercise EVER so during pregnancy it's also unimaginable. Now if I had a gym membership and daycare AND didn't have to work... That would be another story!!... Maybe I may just end up sitting on the couch all day with that though!

I do love to swim and use an elliptical if I get the chance
Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Great ideas! My big thing is trying to eat healthier for sure. We live in an apartment and the gym is two doors over so it's pretty easy for me to get over there. I just go at night when DH gets home from work. But we're moving in March so I'm sure it won't be quite as easy to get to a gym then!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
lehcar_27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive been teaching Zumba for the last 2 years.....i teach TWICE a day....yeah we will see how long that lasts
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehcar_27
ive been teaching Zumba for the last 2 years.....i teach TWICE a day....yeah we will see how long that lasts
You never know! Your obviously in great shape to do Zumba twice a day! Hopefully you can stay super active even if twice a day Zumba has to be scaled back!