Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Getting DD out of the crib, hold my hand pls

DD is nearly 2.5 and quite happy to climb out of the crib. Oddly enough she will only do it when she's happy, not when she's mad/sad/etc. DH is - quite correctly - insisting that she needs to transition to a toddler bed. As the sole bedtime parent, I have been resisting and dragging my feet. Please talk me down off this ledge. It can't be that bad, right? Her crib is a convertible btw.
I have heard plenty of stories about kids who would just... Stay put. I'm preparing myself for DD to be the OTHER kind of kid, lol.
We have two dogs so keep a gate in her doorway at all times. With one minor fix ( moving a chair) her room will be kidproofed decently. BTDT mamas please share your horror stories, hints, techniques, etc!

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DD1 didn't realize she could get out of bed for 6 months. DD2 figured it out in 2 seconds. They always come straight to us. Oddly DD2 has slept her best in a twin bed
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

DS1 seriously transitioned himself. We bought it at 2 1/2 (the bed that is) and he was SO EXCiTED! He slept in it for his nap that day and never looked back.

He does play in his room before bed, but turns off his light and tucks himself in when he's ready to sleep. So we don't have these "won't stay in bed" issues.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

We just transitioned our dd she is 21 months. She's in love with Dora so got her a Dora toddler bed & it has went a lot smoother than I thought. She played on it then napped in it then slept in it. We had let her cosleep & needed our bed back so she done really well. She does ask to be with us every now & again but not a lot. We have her toddler bed by our bed to start just to keep check on her. She enjoys it though.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote