Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
nuetzels312
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Overnight protection for super soaking toddler - a little help please?

What works for my 2 year old is a Blueberry OS Pocket Diaper. They have a fantastic insert. It is kind of pricey though. I think around $35 maybe. DD has a sippy cup of water that she usually drinks and she urinates a lot during bed time. Good Luck!

Advertisement

nuetzels312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 2 yo. (she turend 2 in May) and my 6 month old pee A LOT over night to the point of me actually wanting to weight their diapers before and after. I've tried limiting (for the 2 yo.) drinks right before bed but it doens't matter. They actually both leak out of sposies too at night. So far the only thing that has worked is pockets stuffed (zorb/hemp/mf combos) and then wool or fleece over that for extra protection. They are my pee monsters! Dh won't use cloth and does most of the changes before bed and doesn't understand that they leak in the sposies too since I am the one that gets them up in the mornings. I have just resigned myself to to wet pj's and bed sheets in the morning and am pleasantly surprised when they aren't.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #23
luv2luvzaya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi Jenna!
my toddler is a super soaker too! I was on a mission finding a solution Gor months, sposies would leak, we used sbish(magic diaper) but after a few weeks theyd shrink & wouldn't hold anymore & the smell was awful! I then used bsrb tians, & they work great! I add a layer of either wool or zorb, he wakes up damp but its alot better than waking up to a screaming toddler in the wee hrs of the morn, then having to change a diaper! Ugh!
they've worked for us since with wool or my favorite fleece!
I know sticky peas has a new overnight, & I should get ours soon, so I will search for you when we find out, I know they are pricey but those diapers sell like theres no tomorrow LOL

& sorry for the typos I'm on my phone :/
oh & Izayah drinks 8oz of milk everymight before bed, sometimes double that if he wakes up.

Last edited by luv2luvzaya; 07-07-2009 at 11:54 PM.
luv2luvzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 AM   #24
JKLmama
Registered
Formely: monstersmom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwhitfield View Post
Which sustainablebabyish did you get? I'm guessing it was the fitted??
Well they are all fitted I think... but I got the night time ones and i also got some of the new OS pinnable ones... but they aren't here yet

Oh and they are on sale right now $22 a piece

WELCOME TO THE WORLD BOWEN PIERCE our little Leap baby 2/29
JKLmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #25
slwat7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlemama View Post
My new fave nighttime diaper is a Punkin Doodles (on HC) for my 2 y.o.'s. It's the most absorbent night diaper that I've tried...and I've tried almost everything out there. If you don't like wool, then try covering it w/ fleece. Should be bulletproof.
Yup!! These are the best dipes out there! I use them overnight with either fleece or a thirsties, but mostly fleece. They are totally adjustable and totally bullet proof! Kayla is the best to work with too!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #26
linz2491
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

someone may have already mentioned it but goodmama just came out with a night time diaper. Maybe that may be an option. I don't think you are going to find your solution with a pocket and definently not a AIO. You can only stuff a diaper so much and they usually leak out the sides if stuffed too much.
FItteds and wool is really the way to go.
I have 2 bedbugs dd only used a few times
and a made by me soaker that is not beautiful but works if you are interested pm me.
Lindsay, mom to intact boys Aidan 12 Roan 7 and Gabby Rose 5 :no longer breastfeeding, or cloth diapering, sometimes co sleeping, had 2 unassisted home births, but still non vaxing, unassisted home birthing and home schooling
linz2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #27
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the responses guys!

We tried BedBugs and they worked brilliantly for a few months...but like so many other options, they just stopped working. The stink build-up was horrid and then Gia just grew out of the fit. Not to mention I got all the bells and whistles and and they were somewhere around $35 a piece and I think I practically gave them away 3 months later. Eeek!

I'm thinking of trying this SBish overnight diaper I keep hearing about? I think a PUL cover or fleece cover is best for us. I don't see myself squeezing her into a wool cover. She's got quite the heiny already and I've tried all the "hot" wool brands and while I love them all...none of them are conducive to my daughter's comfort, ya know?

Tiffany...double diaper? Sheesh! Gianna has yet to leak out of an "extra protection" Pamper. As much as I hate using sposies - it's a necessary evil. For now - I think I'll order one of these SBish to try. Worried about this build up stink, though. I hate that - it's the worst!

Oh and to the Goodmama fans - I'm not a fan of their shoddy business practices of the past so I choose to avoid that particular company.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #28
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh duh - I tried doubling up the OBB inserts and she leaked out in one pee while on my lap reading books before bed!

I talked to Trista so we're gonna try that combo again...I don't know that those particular inserts were "broken in" yet.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #29
KristiK22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenna - I think they make extra sposie stuffins for heavy overnight wetters. Maybe you could use cloth and put that in the diaper - but not next to her skin? Just a thought...

I still think a wool doubler might be a good option!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #30
pcolamomtothefifth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpsych2be View Post
Thanks for all the responses guys!

We tried BedBugs and they worked brilliantly for a few months...but like so many other options, they just stopped working. The stink build-up was horrid and then Gia just grew out of the fit. Not to mention I got all the bells and whistles and and they were somewhere around $35 a piece and I think I practically gave them away 3 months later. Eeek!

I'm thinking of trying this SBish overnight diaper I keep hearing about? I think a PUL cover or fleece cover is best for us. I don't see myself squeezing her into a wool cover. She's got quite the heiny already and I've tried all the "hot" wool brands and while I love them all...none of them are conducive to my daughter's comfort, ya know?

Tiffany...double diaper? Sheesh! Gianna has yet to leak out of an "extra protection" Pamper. As much as I hate using sposies - it's a necessary evil. For now - I think I'll order one of these SBish to try. Worried about this build up stink, though. I hate that - it's the worst!

Oh and to the Goodmama fans - I'm not a fan of their shoddy business practices of the past so I choose to avoid that particular company.

I just saw a few good deals on Sbish larges on spot's yesterday. I cannot believe she leaked out of the double obb marathon, they must have not been prepped. Since this thread started we have went to only obbs at night under bellies, babies, and more fleece.

Christen, mama to William V, April 11, 2007

& Madeleine Jane, February 10, 2010

pcolamomtothefifth is offline   Reply With Quote