Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #31
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a c section with dd. My parents came up early that morning to stay with DS. After dd was born I had 2 hours in recovery. We had my parents bring and drop of DS and they left to pick up dinner so that we had some alone time to talk to DS. They brought us dinner and stayed until visiting hours were over. DS went to school the next day and my parents brought him up and stayed for dinner again on day 2. I was home by 9am on day 3. All other visitors came by after we were home from the hospital. I felt great and actually had less pain and fatigue than my natural birth with DS.

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #32
momma_seal
Registered Users
seller

Re: Visitor's after C-section? how long to wait

Do want you and your DH want and if you are not comfortable with telling your family your wishes - blame it on "hospital regulations". Honestly I totally can relate. At the end of the day this is your moment and a special time for bonding, so do what you think is best for you and your baby and your family will just have to deal! The last thing you should have to worry about is pleasing others on the day you gave birth! Maybe give your family the heads up that you won't know how you will be feeling after the c-section and would prefer call them when it is an appropriate time/day to visit. Don't feel pressure.
momma_seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #33
AmazingGrace
Registered Users

Re: Visitor's after C-section? how long to wait

Definitely call them when you are ready for visitors, and let them all know this is the rule. Anyone waiting around that comes up before they are called will not be allowed to visit.

I know a couple people that were stuck in recovery while their family held their babies before they even got to. They are literally SCARRED to this day about it. Be in control, let this birth be all about YOU, and when YOU feel like letting people in, you will call them. This is bonding time for you, not for others.
AmazingGrace is offline   Reply With Quote