Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Two story house

My doctors all said no stairs. I couldn't have done them if I had wanted to with my first. I couldn't even get out of bed unassisted. I slept sitting up or I would have to wait until someone came to visit or my husband came home from work. I was in excruciating pain and only given otc pain meds. Each subsequent
c-section was progressively less painful.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #22
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I think I remember a friend saying that she was limited on her up and down the stairs movement in their rental 2 story house.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
chamise
Registered Users
seller

I had no issues going up and down stairs. I was pretty mobile after I left the hospital. I just couldn't lift anything really.
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #24
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine said no stairs during the first two weeks and then limited after that. We live in a one-story house so it wasn't a problem. But I wouldn't have been able to climb because of excessive water retention. I could barely lift my legs. I had an emergency cesarean, though.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #25
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had my c/s 4 days ago and came home yesterday. We have four steps coming into the house and it wasn't that bad at all. Barely hurt. It depends on the person I think.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #26
sierrarv
Registered Users

I was in a two storey house with my first. I skippedthe stairs the first day home (4 days post surgery) but then couldn't stand being downstairs so just walked like a toddler going up which helped

Last edited by sierrarv; 03-05-2014 at 06:29 AM.
sierrarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #27
thelilprincess
Registered Users

I have a high pain tolerance (except for pregnancy related back pain and pubic symphysis pain which is 1000x worse this 2nd pregnancy). But seriously, my contractions which lasted over 24 hours never hurt and I only asked for the epidural because I was afraid it would be too late and they would say no if I waited longer.

I recovered fine - up and down the stairs was a breeze though my MIL kept yelling at me to stop. I was never told by my dr that stairs or driving wasn't allowed for 2 weeks.

I did warn DH that recovery could be different this time. I think he thinks I'll bounce back absolutely fine again but I warned him just in case to be prepare if I need more help from him.
thelilprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #28
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

I live in a 4-level split so stairs are impossible to avoid. I had an emergency c-section with uterine rupture last Wednesday (so my inner incision is now like an upside-down T and all that had to be sewn up), have been home since Sunday afternoon doing stairs every day. Stopped all narcotic pain meds on Monday evening and my pain is barely noticeable anymore. I think moving around more actually helps (that was my experience with my last section also which was almost an emergency too). Hope your recovery goes super well!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #29
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to do stairs after my c-section. We didn't have stairs at home (well, there were three steps up into the apartment) but at the hospital there were about 6 steps to get to the door that was closest to the NICU elevators, so starting the day after discharge, I was doing those stairs every day, but just taking it very, very slowly.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #30
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a 2 story with the Master upstairs & children's rooms downstairs. We had a baby room decorated downstairs with 2 cribs as well as a pack n play and fully stocked mini fridge upstairs. That way I could easily spend long periods of time on either level depending on how I felt. I recall needing help to get in and out of our bed for 2-3 days and not wanting to carry either baby (twins) up or down the stairs with me the first couple days. But, I did do the stairs several times a day without any problem. The girls slept in their pack n play in our room for the first 5 months & napped downstairs.

This next time around I plan on having the same set up (crib & mini fridge in our room upstairs & the new baby's room ready downstairs). I'll also have a pack n play in our predominate family room. I hope to recover easier/faster the second time around, but will be prepared to be comfortable through a more difficult recovery as well.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote