Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
mommyofmany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
5th c-section?

Hello! I have had 4 c-sections. My last one was 5 years ago. After my 3rd one my dr said during the section that I could have 6 more since I heal so well and it was like he was doing my first. Then when I got pregnant with my 4th at first he was all about the risks which freaked me out. That pregnancy was a breeze as was her delivery. I really want one more so I spoke with my dr last summer about a 5th. At first he said he's only supposed to recommend 3. Then he said off the record his personal opinion would be that I can have another. He said I heal well with no scar tissue issues at all. So I have the green light and I just can't decide! My dh is on board too and said he trusts my dr and feels he wouldn't have said yes if he thought it was too risky. I do agree,but now that we are ready to drop the birth control I'm so nervous! Has anyone had 5 or more? I know the risks and I know its a case by case thing on if you should have more. Just thought I might feel better hearing from others.

Advertisement

Rebecca-Married to the best dh in the world and mama to Zaria 16,Mackenzie 16,Ashlyn 12,Isaiah 11,Jaedon 10,Logan 8 and Aubrie 5 and baby #8 is a boy due in April!
mommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
maxandjaxmom
Registered Users

Re: 5th c-section?

I have wondered this as well, only on my 2nd c-section next month. I think if the doc has personally seen how well your body heals after the surgery, you should do what's best for your family OP!
maxandjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm pregnant and going to be having my 5th c-section. I havent seen a Dr so no one has yelled at me yet lol (going next week). After my 3rd she said I healed so well It was like I havent had any pretty much. Then I almost died after my 4th so I am nervous this time around. I'll probably just ask for a hysterectomy.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I personally know a few ladies who have had more than that, and are healthy and well.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:41 PM   #5
Shortygirlga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had 4 first 3 were all spaced 4 years apart. After my 3rd I was told very thin uterus not to have more then unintentionally got pregnant again a year later. 4th c-section Dr said that is it, no more my uterus is paper thin and adhesion on bladder. Following to see others experience on 5th