Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Favourite Infant car seat and why?

We are going to be buying a new car seat for this little one and I'm looking for opinions.
Our Graco Snugride 35 is too big for our car and very heavy for me to carry.

I'm really looking at the Chicco Keyfit 22 because of the narrowness and the overall size. It's not the most expensive or the cheapest seat on the market. $$ isn't an issue when it comes to this.

Give me your votes please!
Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favourite Infant car seat and why?

I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and love it. I have in the past had a normal sized infant carseat and a Graco one that went to 30 pounds or something like that (can't recall names of them), but I wasn't really a fan of them. I really like my Chicco Keyfit 30 one though. I used it for my now 2 year old and I will use it again with this baby. First time I've liked a carseat enough to use it for 2 kids.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had a Baby Trend with ds and it was awful. We sold it, and recently bought a new First Years Via (we got a great deal on it). I think it might too heavy and too big for my car, though. Have you asked this in the carseat forum? The ladies there are always knowledgeable!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

If I was a US mama and needed an infant seat, I'd be buying the Safety First Onboard Air 35. It has 2 level bubbles, the first obviously is the full 45 degree angle that newborns need to hold open their airways, the second is a more upright, safer angle for older babies that I'd imagine also takes up less front to back room in your car when used. It fits very small babies very well having good padding and special routing for the crotch buckle for preemies and will snugly fit a child as small as 4lbs. However the shell is quite large, and will, as the name suggests, hold babies as large as 35lbs, although like most seats, most children will outgrow it by height before they outgrow the weight limit. The shell is quite roomy, with decent legroom for older babies, and from the videos I've seen it installs really easily, with a nice lockoff system and upgraded pushbutton LATCH clips.

Sadly, as I said, I'd have to be a US mama - it's not sold up here, and buying and using a US seat up here is illegal. I'm also not in the market for an infant seat at present. But it's very pretty, and I'd definitely look into it if I were a US mama who was looking at getting a new infant seat.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelgurl137 View Post
I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and love it. I have in the past had a normal sized infant carseat and a Graco one that went to 30 pounds or something like that (can't recall names of them), but I wasn't really a fan of them. I really like my Chicco Keyfit 30 one though. I used it for my now 2 year old and I will use it again with this baby. First time I've liked a carseat enough to use it for 2 kids.
Awesome!!! Makes me want one even more!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
We had a Baby Trend with ds and it was awful. We sold it, and recently bought a new First Years Via (we got a great deal on it). I think it might too heavy and too big for my car, though. Have you asked this in the carseat forum? The ladies there are always knowledgeable!
I've also heard not good things about the Baby Trend!

I have asked this in the car seat forum but I wanted input from you girls
Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Chicco, ease of use and installation. Rated very high in safety also.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Orbit Baby because of the way it rotates on the car seat base and stroller frame.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
challdorson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we're going with the britax b-safe- mostly because I'm just a huge fan of Britax car seats.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

chicco keyfit!!! I can't wait to use mine again. I've used a graco and evenflo in the past, there is no contest. The chicco is lighter, easy to buckle, unbuckle, front harness adjust, and pop in and out of base. The straps don't get all twisty. I also like that you can use it in a pinch without a base. I want to buy a new one, but can't justify it because the old one hasn't expired and has held up so well. I do wish the hood was bigger, but I have a sprout shell that goes over top of the carseat so it blocks the sun that way.