Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #11
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,508
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinajura View Post
We (well I) make a table. Girl side, boy side & the meaning and origin for each name. Then I run it by DH & he vetos anything he doesn't like right off the bat & suggests some to add, then I cross off what I don't like of his. Then we go back and work on deciding what we both like and figure out a combination.

With this one though, I had made my chart... Then on the way to dinner at our friends' house, the topic came up, we ran through my lists & came up with both a boy & girl name within less than 10 min. It was amazing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome you found names so quickly! What are they? If you don't mind sharing?

Advertisement

__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #12
kristinajura's Avatar
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 445
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
That's awesome you found names so quickly! What are they? If you don't mind sharing?


I don't know any of you in person , so sure. We don't share names ahead of time with people we know in real life.
Broderick Dean & Isabel Liliana


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
mama to Oliver- 3, Dylan- 1, & due with mystery Belly Baby B in October!
kristinajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #13
amdafforn16's Avatar
amdafforn16
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 77
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
Jeremiah is a nice name, I'd call him Remi as a nn.
Thank you, I like the name Jeremiah I just don't want two of them living in my house! I really like Jackson for a middle name, so then we could call him JJ or Jack or Jax or something like that. He doesn't DESPISE that one so I'm still working on him haha.
amdafforn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #14
MamaLlama's Avatar
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,391
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdafforn16 View Post
Thank you, I like the name Jeremiah I just don't want two of them living in my house! I really like Jackson for a middle name, so then we could call him JJ or Jack or Jax or something like that. He doesn't DESPISE that one so I'm still working on him haha.
You could call him Jem like in To Kill a Mockingbird.
__________________
Happy wife of one & grateful mama of six
[AKA BRXB ]
MamaLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #15
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,677
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
You could call him Jem like in To Kill a Mockingbird.
I LOVE Jem. I'd just be a little worried - those names are a bit trendy right now since Harper Lee died last year. Harper, Scout, Jem... I actually haven't heard of any Atticus babies though.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #16
MamaLlama's Avatar
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,391
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I LOVE Jem. I'd just be a little worried - those names are a bit trendy right now since Harper Lee died last year. Harper, Scout, Jem... I actually haven't heard of any Atticus babies though.
I haven't met any Jems, though I do know a little girl named Scout. But that could be a consideration, though.
__________________
Happy wife of one & grateful mama of six
[AKA BRXB ]
MamaLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #17
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,738
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
I haven't met any Jems, though I do know a little girl named Scout. But that could be a consideration, though.
I met a girl named scout for the first time last week. It sounds like a dog to me.

I like the name Jeremiah a lot but I get why you wouldn't want two of them.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,508
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinajura View Post
I don't know any of you in person , so sure. We don't share names ahead of time with people we know in real life.
Broderick Dean & Isabel Liliana


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice!! I love Broderick. I always wanted to name a boy Dean, but my last name is Green, lol.
__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #19
kristinajura's Avatar
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 445
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
Very nice!! I love Broderick. I always wanted to name a boy Dean, but my last name is Green, lol.


Ha. That would be cruel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
mama to Oliver- 3, Dylan- 1, & due with mystery Belly Baby B in October!
kristinajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
kristinajura's Avatar
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 445
Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I LOVE Jem. I'd just be a little worried - those names are a bit trendy right now since Harper Lee died last year. Harper, Scout, Jem... I actually haven't heard of any Atticus babies though.


I met a 2 year old Atticus a few weeks ago. It's different, but I like it. Not for my own use though lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
mama to Oliver- 3, Dylan- 1, & due with mystery Belly Baby B in October!
kristinajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.