Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
alicia+2boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thirsties Covers... Sized, vs OS?

With my second DS we used flats and sized thirsties covers. We started late we just ended up using the mediums. I've been looking around and I'm so excited to see that they've added a OS (or 2 sized??) option PLUS snaps instead of velcro. I was just wondering how the newer version is compared to the old? It seems like a good investment to buy something that will last for more than one size. I'd love to hear what you think

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thirsties Covers... Sized, vs OS?

We have XS, S and M (sized) covers and Duo 2. We never tried the Duo 1 covers. I really love our sized covers but the Duo 2 is nice as well. Right now, DS is 27" long and 16 lbs. I think he's just too small for the Duo 2s to fit yet. I've heard that there's a gap where neither the Duo 1s nor the Duo 2s fit very well. I love our sized covers for now, though (and our other OS covers - we have a couple Flips, Blueberry Coveralls and a ME Rykki wrap). The sized Thirsties are still my favorite covers.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
alicia+2boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks that great info!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried the Duo Wraps and did like them, however I would buy them new. I found that 2 different covers had weak rise snaps. But if you buy your covers new, Thirsties has AWESOME customer service and promptly replaces them. They sent me a new cover within a few days with a postage paid envelope to send the problem one back...they fixed the problem one and passed it on to someone in need.

OliviaZachariahIsabella Caroline Psalm 139:13-14
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I adore the Duo! Size 1s actually fit tiny babies without being bulky and size 2s still fit my 22 lb DD. They run a lot smaller than the suggested sizes though. I think they're worth it and thirstiesoutlet.com has great deals on 2nds!