Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

thirsties prefolds

Is there anything more absorbent and around the same thickness as a size two thirsties hemp prefold? DS is out peeing the size one (and little weeds hemp prefolds, joey kicks prefolds, wahm hemp prefolds, microfiber&hemp insert combos, huggies, pampers and upsized 7th gen...) I'm not ready to go back to wool. What is the most absorbent insert for drybees that's trim enough that it doesn't make the legs gap so that he pees out that way.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've heard that Flip organics are a little more absorbent but I don't know if that's true or not. You could also add a hemp doubler? (We like the Joeybunz premium ones.)

Just out if curiosity, how old is your LO? We currently use the Thirsties hemp (size 2) and Flip organics and both work great for our little HW. I love them so I hope they keep working!
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: thirsties prefolds

He's 1. The problem is that if the insert stack in the dry bees gets too thick then they gap at the legs which causes leaks.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
LittleBlueOwls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was using thirsties at first and switched to hempbabies flats. They hold A LOT of pee! Now I use hempbabies flat and an alva bamboo on top and I got 12 at night!

Sent from my Droid using DS Forum
LittleBlueOwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay
He's 1. The problem is that if the insert stack in the dry bees gets too thick then they gap at the legs which causes leaks.
Have you tried just trifolding in a cover? That's what has worked well for us. I'd think it might be worth a shot.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueOwls View Post
I was using thirsties at first and switched to hempbabies flats. They hold A LOT of pee! Now I use hempbabies flat and an alva bamboo on top and I got 12 at night!

I tried hemp babies little weeds when our night issues started. Are the flats more absorbent? I'm having a geometry fail. Little weeds are two layers of hemp 10 x 12 inches. So trifolded thats 6 layers of hemp. But shorter then the flat. When your pad folding the flat how many layers are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Have you tried just trifolding in a cover? That's what has worked well for us. I'd think it might be worth a shot.
No he out peed just a thirstie size one in a thirsties cover at 6 months.

My night time solution for the last few months has been either a hemp prefold and a bamboo meso under sbish wool soaker or two bamboo mesos. But I didn't like how cold they get at night. So I am trying to find a workable fleece solution.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
mamaspice
Registered Users
seller

The hemp fleece doublers from GMD are quite trim. They hardly add any bulk at all. Maybe you could add them in? Slightly thinner than my Thirsties size one inserts which I use as doublers too.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
LittleBlueOwls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay

I tried hemp babies little weeds when our night issues started. Are the flats more absorbent? I'm having a geometry fail. Little weeds are two layers of hemp 10 x 12 inches. So trifolded thats 6 layers of hemp. But shorter then the flat. When your pad folding the flat how many layers are you getting?

No he out peed just a thirstie size one in a thirsties cover at 6 months.
Ok my lo is 5 months. Its 12 layers of hemp when pad folded and 3 layers of bamboo with the Alva.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
LittleBlueOwls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
He goes 12 hours at night with yhid

Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
eschillo
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried any bamboo inserts? I always felt that our bamboo inserts hold more than our hemp. We had some bamboo baby diapers that we used, and we could keep them on her for 5+hours with NO inserts or doublers, and they were extremely thin. I got some Blueberry bamboo inserts for our LO due here any week now to use in Weehuggers covers, but you can use the inserts in just about anything. They are SOOOOO thin you can seriously use like 3 of them and they'll be thinner than 1 microfiber insert!
eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote