Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
? For those who use Alva and Bamboo inserts...

Ok i use these mainly for nighttime, but stuffing them is a REAL pain... The microfleece ones have a good opening..but run a bit small next to the minky ones who's opening i HATE...I swear it takes me 3-4 minutes PER diaper to get them stuffed properly without bunching etc ( i have a semi heavy wetter so i have to use 2 bamboo inserts)..

I have tried just laying them in but they bunch really bad when she is walking around..

Any tips or suggestions to make it a bit easier?

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry I am not much help since I don't have any alva diapers. I am curious how long two of the bamboo inserts last your lo?

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? For those who use Alva and Bamboo inserts...

Have you tried laying in the diaper, not stuffing. Put 1 regular and use the 2nd try-folded in just the wet zone. That cuts down all the bunch for both of my kids. 2 inserts will last 4-hours (nap time or a car-trip) overnight we use 3 but my kids are pretty heavy night wetters.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i don't really have any problem stuffing them. this is probably going to sound really dumb. i'm not sure i can explain it, but i'll try. i shove the insert in (just focusing on getting it to the front of the diaper). i hold the insert down in the front with the hand that isn't in the diaper. then i fan out my hand that is inside the diaper over the insert and smooth it down while i'm pulling my hand out of the diaper. i give it one last smoothing out after it's stuffed on top of the suedecloth. i don't know if that's any different than what you do, but thought i'd try to help. i switched over to fb minky inserts and they are a little easier to work with too.

i think sarah's method above also works really well.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #5
lms43005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyboys View Post
i don't really have any problem stuffing them. this is probably going to sound really dumb. i'm not sure i can explain it, but i'll try. i shove the insert in (just focusing on getting it to the front of the diaper). i hold the insert down in the front with the hand that isn't in the diaper. then i fan out my hand that is inside the diaper over the insert and smooth it down while i'm pulling my hand out of the diaper. i give it one last smoothing out after it's stuffed on top of the suedecloth. i don't know if that's any different than what you do, but thought i'd try to help. i switched over to fb minky inserts and they are a little easier to work with too.

This is what I do & no problems
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyboys

Me too. No issues here
Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
noranuks
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyboys View Post

That's how I do it!

** Soakers, wool changing pads, legging style longies, holiday longies and NEW cargo style longies! Use coupon code dsmama for free shipping!! Happy Holidays!
noranuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
mommysaurusrex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyboys

Yup, that's what I do too.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Suziesuesue
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are y'all happy with the bamboo alvas? I'm about to place my first order and trying to decide whether or not to get some
Bamboo to try (or just PUL or minky?).
TYIA
Suziesuesue is offline   Reply With Quote