Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #161
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums
Thanks for the compliments mamas. Makes me feel a bit better. The move was actually a lot better than I expected. We got all the driving done in 2 days and I'm so glad we did. Just pushing through & getting here was great. I've got about half the house unpacked. Need some more shelves and baskets and what not for organization. Then I'll be able to upack more.
That is good news glad things are looking up now that you're getting settled and have recovered from your family stomach virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcolleran
Glad to hear the move is going well, sounds like you are getting a lot done, kudos! I can't even seem to get my house organized for the new baby and I'm not moving
me either!

Advertisement

Last edited by justineybean; 04-08-2014 at 08:44 AM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #162
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Summer 2014 Due Date Chat (June, July, August!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcolleran View Post
Glad to hear the move is going well, sounds like you are getting a lot done, kudos! I can't even seem to get my house organized for the new baby and I'm not moving
Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
That is good news glad things are looking up now that you're getting settled and have recovered from your family stomach virus.
me either!
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted! I take a 2-3 hour nap every day. I just have to get this done before baby comes. Once the unpacking is done, I still have to set up for her & she is coming in 7 weeks!

On a completely unrelated note, we stopped in at a Taco Bell right at the edge of NM & Colorado and this really elderly Native American woman came up & touched my belly & told me I was having a boy. I informed her politely that I was having a girl & had seen her twice on U/S. She said, "No, it's a boy". So I'm mega creeped out now & am going to be super duper freaked out if she comes out a boy!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #163
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted! I take a 2-3 hour nap every day. I just have to get this done before baby comes. Once the unpacking is done, I still have to set up for her & she is coming in 7 weeks! On a completely unrelated note, we stopped in at a Taco Bell right at the edge of NM & Colorado and this really elderly Native American woman came up & touched my belly & told me I was having a boy. I informed her politely that I was having a girl & had seen her twice on U/S. She said, "No, it's a boy". So I'm mega creeped out now & am going to be super duper freaked out if she comes out a boy!
why do people do things like that?! Everybody always has had an opinion about my babies' gender when I didn't find out the sex ahead of time w/my first two. It's so funny. I always asked them why they thought that. It was usually the way I was carrying the baby, the fact that my face was round (gee, thanks!!) and once I had someone tell me he knew I was pregnant before I knew I was because of the way a vein in my neck throbbed. He was right but I sort of already suspected I was pregnant. Lol, anyway... Old wives tales are funny. I'd bet you're having a girl

Oh I'm sure you are exhausted! Just was glad to hear you haven't had any major disasters because it sounded like a rough move!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #164
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

She didn't elaborate on why she thought it was a boy. It just freaked me out!

Nope, no disasters. Everything went pretty smoothly.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #165
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I am seriously dragging. It is overcast again today and for some reason the weather is really affecting my mood and energy. My MIL and her husband are coming over Sunday for a cookout because they are leaving tuesday to buy their new house. They are moving 16 hours away, we currently live 5 minutes from them. So we are doing a going away cookout and the house needs a bit of spring cleaning before then. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be gorgeous so I hope I get some energy and get a ton done!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #166
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh man what an awful night. My 4yo DD and I were both up at least 7-8 times throwing up. And of course the first time she got sick it was in bed with us (and all over our blankets, sheets and pillows). Now we're both still sick today. I'm glad my 1yo DS isn't throwing up though! I can't tell if it's a stomach bug or something we ate but I can't wait until bedtime tonight! Only 8 more hours..
Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #167
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum
Oh man what an awful night. My 4yo DD and I were both up at least 7-8 times throwing up. And of course the first time she got sick it was in bed with us (and all over our blankets, sheets and pillows). Now we're both still sick today. I'm glad my 1yo DS isn't throwing up though! I can't tell if it's a stomach bug or something we ate but I can't wait until bedtime tonight! Only 8 more hours..
It seems a stomach bug is going around. I have seen a few people mention having one and my DH got some sort of stomach issue last week. His was very mild though and nobody else got it. Hope you both feel better soon and nobody else gets it!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #168
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted! I take a 2-3 hour nap every day. I just have to get this done before baby comes. Once the unpacking is done, I still have to set up for her & she is coming in 7 weeks!

On a completely unrelated note, we stopped in at a Taco Bell right at the edge of NM & Colorado and this really elderly Native American woman came up & touched my belly & told me I was having a boy. I informed her politely that I was having a girl & had seen her twice on U/S. She said, "No, it's a boy". So I'm mega creeped out now & am going to be super duper freaked out if she comes out a boy!
Naps are awesome and much needed!!
That would kind of creep me out too, lol, for some reason I am always scared they missed something and I'm going to have the other sex and then be so unprepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
I am seriously dragging. It is overcast again today and for some reason the weather is really affecting my mood and energy. My MIL and her husband are coming over Sunday for a cookout because they are leaving tuesday to buy their new house. They are moving 16 hours away, we currently live 5 minutes from them. So we are doing a going away cookout and the house needs a bit of spring cleaning before then. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be gorgeous so I hope I get some energy and get a ton done!
I am having the opposite today, we live in Washington and it is supposed to get up into the high 60s which is absolutely beautiful for us right now and I am so excited, I think we are going to head out to the big city park today I am so done with the cold, cloudy, rainy weather!! I need some sunshine in my life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
I'm so sorry, that is never fun, it sucks seeing out little ones sick and when we are sick too it is exhausting trying to keep up hope you feel better soon!
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #169
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
How's everyone's week going? I'm having a difficult week. Just been very busy and stressful. DH brought home a pretty flowering plant tonight to cheer me up and it really worked no big plans tomorrow so hoping to get some little things done and rest a little.

Hope all of you are well.

HumBums- congrats on being a new mod you'll be great!!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #170
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum
Hope you and your family are feeling better!!!