Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

5 point harness seat for taller kids?

Are there any options under $200 for seats with a 5 point harness that might fit a (petite) 7 yo? He only weighs about 50 lbs but outgrew the 5 point harness height on our Evenflo about 6 months ago. Can't remember the model name, but it converts between 5 point harness and high back booster. He has ADHD and is quite active and impulsive and it really would be better for him to be restrained a little more than a high back booster does, but I don't know of any options for seats for taller kids.

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
What is his height?

The sureride is ~$80 on Amazon and has the tallest harness slots of any convertible I believe. Radians have high harness height too but definitely not so budget friendly.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 5 point harness seat for taller kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
What is his height?

The sureride is ~$80 on Amazon and has the tallest harness slots of any convertible I believe. Radians have high harness height too but definitely not so budget friendly.
Yeah. This. We LOVE our radians, but we have been lucky to find good deals on one. I just grabbed ours for our newest addition and I found it on sale for $150.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa
Yeah. This. We LOVE our radians, but we have been lucky to find good deals on one. I just grabbed ours for our newest addition and I found it on sale for $150.
I loved our radians until the van. It does not play well with the 3rd row middle. That's why I know about the sureride

The van is a car seat nightmare anyways...which is dumb because ya know it's a van.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

I will have to measure him. Guess ours is the Maestro and that goes up to 50" and he's barely too tall for that so the Sureride which goes to 54" just might work.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I loved our radians until the van. It does not play well with the 3rd row middle. That's why I know about the sureride

The van is a car seat nightmare anyways...which is dumb because ya know it's a van.
We didn't try all in the back, so that is good to know! We have two in the front, and then one in the back with a booster.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 radians in the 3rd row and got rock solid installs. It hasn't been an issue for us.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
abh5e8
Registered Users

Another vote for radians. We have just the base model and I've always been able to get them for less then $200, either on Amazon or from Kohl's with coupons/Kohl's cash. I can get three across the third row of my suburban but it's tight. My seven, almost eight, year old son still fits in his. He is pretty tall, but I think short waisted. He is about 55#.

Eta: it's $182 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian-...eywords=Radian

Last edited by abh5e8; 08-06-2016 at 07:43 PM.
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie
We have 2 radians in the 3rd row and got rock solid installs. It hasn't been an issue for us.
in the middle? They install like a dream outboard.

In the middle it feels good side to side but it pulls out like 6". It's insane and it's a serious problem in my van. It *can* be installed but it's almost an impossible feat. I got it installed once but it's just not worth it. I couldn't get it back in so I got a sureride.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #10
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
in the middle? They install like a dream outboard.

In the middle it feels good side to side but it pulls out like 6". It's insane and it's a serious problem in my van. It *can* be installed but it's almost an impossible feat. I got it installed once but it's just not worth it. I couldn't get it back in so I got a sureride.
Ours ate outbound in the 3rd row but we can got it in the middle because we have latch in our middle seat. It's solid. We don't keep it there because I don't like it there though. Lol