Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Lightbulb Do you leak? and what nursing pads do you use?

Lucy is 15 months old, and I still wear nursing pads, partly because I do leak (its more rare now but does happen) and partly because my bbs are sensitive to just my bra rubbing on them if I went without pads. Im curious if other people still leak/ wear pads and how old their child is?

Also, a friend gave me some Lana wool nursing pads to try last night and Oh My Goodness!! heaven! lol, those things are so soft and comfy! I had tried the medela cloth ones from Target and they were lumpy and not near as soft as these wool ones. I've been using Avent disposable pads and when I took it out of my bra and put these Lana wool ones in, you could hear my boobs give a big sigh of releif, instant comfort! lol Okay, call me crazy, but they are soo nice. I have the small pair and they are a bit big on my tiny boobs so I'm thinking of buying XS or Mini (for my mini boobs...) and saving these for after the next baby when I get bigger bbs for a little while again.

What kind do you use?

Advertisement

Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you leak? and what nursing pads do you use?

When I used them, I mostly ended up using disposables b/c a friend of my mom's got me a HUGE box and I couldn't just let them go to waste. By the time I was done with the box, I didn't really need them anymore.

DS is 6 months and I still leak ALL the time, but that's only when I don't have a bra on. (Which is all day if I'm at home). For some reason I guess the pressure of the bra keeps me from leaking. So I don't have to worry about it when I get dressed and go out of the house, therefore I don't need pads anymore.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
aschrimp
Registered Users

I still leak (ds is 13 mos), and for the first 4 months I wore lansinoh disposible pads - those things will hold a whole gallon of milk, I swear, and I *filled* them up regularly. Then, I made my own cloth pads that I wore until ds was about 10 mos, and finally gave up wearing them.

I still leak occasionally, so if my milk lets down when we are out and about, I have to cross my arms over my boobs, and have to put a little pressure on the opposite side when I am nursing him, to keep from getting soaked, but at this point that's less trouble than tracking down pads all the time...

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds is 15 months and I still leak occasionally. I wear the Gerber washable ones that you can buy at Walmart or Target. They are pretty comfy and work well. I would like to try those wool ones though - where can you get those at?
Old 10-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I haven't leaked since ds was about 3 months old. I'm lucky! But, I ended up buying some lilypadz so that I could go braless at night!
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

http://www.danishwool.com/products/l..._nurs_pads.htm

Here is info on the pads, I think you can buy them at this site too? I just did a quick yahoo search though.

Ok, more searching and cottonbabies sells them and other places like that. I'm definitely getting another pair!
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't use nursing pads. I used to leak but not as much now. If i am wearing a bra i don't have a problem with the "not being used" side leaking. If i am not wearing a bra i just stick a prefold folded in half on the side not being used while dd is nursing. So i am weird but it works for me. Dd is just over 12 months.
I go bra-less at night.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #8
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only leak occasionally now on the "not used side" when I let down, but not frequently (DS is 5 months old). I stopped leaking around 4 months w/ my first. My mom told me she never stopped leaking with any of hers. I don't use nursing pads much anymore, but when I did I loved the Lansinoh ones. They are very thin and are bigger around than most so they hardly ever show under cloths. They have a sticky part to stick to your bra to keep them in place, but I didn't use it. I don't know if it was because of the bra I wore, but whenever I would lower the cups to nurse and then pull it back up it would get all bunched up and wouldn't lay smoothly. I have tried a bunch of disposable nursing pads though and those are my favorites.

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #9
Kele
Registered Users

My Mood:

I still leak occasionally at 16 months and I wear nursing pads whenever I wear a bra. I just bought some at the grocery store (cloth ones) and I've worn them through two nursers now - and still wearing. I don't remember the brand of them though.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
Babyvan
Registered Users

Another big fan of Lana pads here! I used them w/ all 4 nurslings and I *leaked* a lot and for a long time. I love love love them! I have given them as gifts and had mamas call me and thank me later!
Babyvan is offline   Reply With Quote