Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #1
crystalk2016
Registered Users

Cloth wipes

I have been wetting my cloth wipes with water and putting them in the wipe warmer but I can only put 2 days in or they start the smell. I don't have time to do this every 2 days. I'm not crazy about using a spray bottle bc they always break or leak.
How do you use your cloth wipes?

Advertisement

crystalk2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I grab what I need before putting baby on the table and wet on the faucet.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth wipes

Spray bottle and wet either wipe or bottom as I go. I've been using that method for almost 7 years and have never had an issue with bottle leaking or breaking.

I use Super Stars from Etsy and distilled water so it lasts without any funky stuff growing in it.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After 5 years of using cloth wipes this is why I just started buying disposable wipes, I just can't do it anymore and it seems so silly but I just never found a way to do it that I liked. I tried every way there is and It was always a hassle and made messy changes more difficult so I just gave up lol.
Married to the love of my life and lucky momma to our 6 kids plus #7 on the way due 8/2018!
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I leave my cloth wipes in a basket in the bathroom. I always know when a diaper is soiled, so I grab a few and run them under warm water before changing the diaper. It doesn't take any extra time, the wipes are always warm, and it doesn't cost me any extra because the wipes are homemade.
On the go, I always have a bottle of room temperature water in the van just in case we have to do an in the car change. Otherwise, I just use tap water from the bathroom before using the changing facilities.

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #6
crystalk2016
Registered Users

Thx, I know dh wont go for wetting them each time. I'll give the spray bottle a try.
crystalk2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:24 PM   #7
Mama2fluffybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You shouldn't leave wet wipes in the warmer more than two days anyway b/c of bacterial growth. I get lazy so I make my diaper solution and add it to about two days worth of wipes in the warmer and fill up my spray bottle with the rest. Once those are gone I use the spray bottle for the rest of the week and wet as I go. I was using just warm tap water and wetting what I needed at each change, but since starting solids ds has needed a little more than water to clean him up.
Mama2fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #8
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I can't use a wipes warmer because I'd never remember to change the solution. Ain't nobody got time for that! So I use a little spray bottle with a wipes cube and water in it. In the 5 years we've used cloth wipes, the bottles haven't leaked or broken too much. Maybe just once or twice...and they're not treated gently!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote