Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
abmoyer
Registered Users

PT - lack of interest

Our youngest will be 3 at the end of June and isnít too interested at home in going on the potty. At preschool he does fine because a few of the other kids in his class use the potty. I think weíll try some kind of incentive to see if that increases his interest but I donít want to force it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

abmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PT - lack of interest

I recommend you make a decision--either switch to the potty or stay in diapers. Either is totally fine at that age. I do think it is difficult emotionally for a child to have to constantly make the decision "do you want to try the potty?". I think that's far more pressure than just picking one route and sticking to it.

*I say this for most typically developing children only. In this case, the child appears to be ready given the willingness at preschool.

P.S. I really do think it's fine to stay in diapers or ditch them completely at this age. With my own children I've done it at 3, over 3, between 2.5 and 3, and at just 2. It all works.

Last edited by zeotwoski; 02-19-2018 at 01:58 PM.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote