Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2017, 05:45 AM   #31
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: Review my newborn stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
DH just needs some time. I understand. We are just wired differently. I don't think men should be in the delivery room.
I agree - in the recovery room my DH was like, "that was awesome, when can we do it again?" And I was like, "Get out. And if you ever try to do anymore than rub my back I'll wring your neck. There will be no more babies coming in THIS manner."

Those weren't exact words, but he did tell my mom (yes, in the recovery room) that we we're definitely going to have a lot, and I did tell them both that it would be never again. Luckily I got over that fairly soon. Hopefully next time he remembers not to discuss such things with me so soon next time though.

ETA: I forgot the whole reason I was posting on this thread - is your thirsties aio a natural? Any update on it? I want to trade most of my nb stash for those on my next baby if you like it. I have lots of MF thirsties nbs but didn't like them, but I've read really great things about the natural.

Advertisement

Last edited by Elchorrito; 08-11-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:34 AM   #32
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi View Post
Which one do you like better, the sweet iris or FOTW caramel (assuming they're both half flats)? I love the sweet iris, and been hearing good stuff about the FOTW caramel, but not sure if it's worth trying.

I love both of them. That's really hard to say which one is better. The FOTW is thinner and trimmer. It's easier to manipulate on such a small baby. The Sweet Iris are wonderfully absorbent though. The FOTW are a little less absorbent but I haven't had any problems with it. It just depends on what you want.
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #33
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I agree - in the recovery room my DH was like, "that was awesome, when can we do it again?" And I was like, "Get out. And if you ever try to do anymore than rub my back I'll wring your neck. There will be no more babies coming in THIS manner."

Those weren't exact words, but he did tell my mom (yes, in the recovery room) that we we're definitely going to have a lot, and I did tell them both that it would be never again. Luckily I got over that fairly soon. Hopefully next time he remembers not to discuss such things with me so soon next time though.

ETA: I forgot the whole reason I was posting on this thread - is your thirsties aio a natural? Any update on it? I want to trade most of my nb stash for those on my next baby if you like it. I have lots of MF thirsties nbs but didn't like them, but I've read really great things about the natural.

We are going to try it again on our outing today. I had some one-size Naturals and I loved them. I can't imagine the newborns wouldn't be just as great.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #34
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Do I actually have 24 Newbie prefolds????? Because I'm thinking it may be 12 and not 24. Hmm.... I need to fold diapers and count.

I think I will sell my Sweet Iris. I love them and man, do they work well, but I just ordered some Sandy's fitteds for nighttime and prefolds and fitteds will be enough. I don't want so many types. DH has sweetly requested we streamline the changing table. He hasn't put cloth on Morgan yet because everything's been in a heap. Time to get organized.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #35
mochi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Do I actually have 24 Newbie prefolds????? Because I'm thinking it may be 12 and not 24. Hmm.... I need to fold diapers and count.

I think I will sell my Sweet Iris. I love them and man, do they work well, but I just ordered some Sandy's fitteds for nighttime and prefolds and fitteds will be enough. I don't want so many types. DH has sweetly requested we streamline the changing table. He hasn't put cloth on Morgan yet because everything's been in a heap. Time to get organized.
What size are your sweet iris flats? I might be interested
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #36
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
What size are your sweet iris flats? I might be interested

Smalls. I have 23, I think. I also have a Fruit of the Womb Caramel half flat I would throw in to make it an even 24.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #37
mochi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Smalls. I have 23, I think. I also have a Fruit of the Womb Caramel half flat I would throw in to make it an even 24.
Bummer. I was hoping for some Larges. I already have 16 sweet iris half flats :P
Old 08-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #38
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Review my newborn stash?

Quote:
Bummer. I was hoping for some Larges. I already have 16 sweet iris half flats :P

I have some large Fruit of the Womb Caramel flats I could let go. EUC-bought new by me and used for a couple months.

ETA: I think she calls the larges "toddler size."

Last edited by MamaChirpy; 08-14-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #39
mochi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I have some large Fruit of the Womb Caramel flats I could let go. EUC-bought new by me and used for a couple months.

ETA: I think she calls the larges "toddler size."
Can you PM me how many you have and how much?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #40
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Can you PM me how many you have and how much?

I sure will... give me a little bit to feed the baby.