Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Help me make this work!

Here's the deal: I have a stash made almost exclusively of ME Sandies (XS and S, both bamboo). They are AWESOME at containing EBF poo, almost never have anything escape at all. But snapping on the diaper and snapping on the cover is getting tedious when I'm changing eleventy-hundred NB diapers a day. I would prefer to let her be coverless most of the time...but pee goes right through the diaper and leaves a wet spot under her wherever she is! I can't afford to switch my stash right now...how do I fix this? Is there a specific doubler I could use to slow the flow enough that it can absorb a little before it gets to the outside? I have ME doublers in bamboo and MEOS soakers in organic cotton, lots of random doublers in bamboo and (I think) hemp, and preemie prefolds, which so far do the most effective job at keeping the pee from going right through, but are a little more of a pain to do because they have to be folded into the diaper. Is there anything else you would recommend? And yes, I can lay her on a prefold or waterproof pad, but when I'm holding her I don't like to have to do that.

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me make this work!

The cheapest thing I can think of would be fleece pants or a soaker (as clothes). But maybe that's as tedious as snapping on a cover, I don't know. Or even just a fleece blanket. I hope you find something that works for you!
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Maybe a washcloth folded in half as a doubler. Maybe pin a fleece blanket, wool blanket, or even buy a wool sweater from the second hand store and use that. This would go over the top of the fitted diaper. No need to lano. Basically it's a shield to hold the flow of pee so the fitted can absorb it. Alternately, consider more Dappi nylon pull ons. I remember you'd used those in the past! Hugs and congrats on the newbie!
Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm thinking about just getting some more preemie pfs...typing it out helped me realize they are just about the only thing that is working right now.

The snap covers I have are fleece, and I have NB wool soakers, and they all work well. I just really prefer to leave baby coverless anyway, and it frustrates me that I can't. I'm changing every time she pees anyway, so it's not like I need something bulletproof. I just want to be able to tell that her diaper is wet without having to change my clothes too. With the preemie prefolds as doublers I can still tell the diaper is wet without there being a big wet spot on the outside of the diaper immediately after she pees.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Last edited by MamaLlama; 08-08-2017 at 01:41 PM.
MamaLlama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had pretty good luck folding the doubler in half and putting it right where I was having run-through.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
Powersmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Get the premium indian cotton ones! They are awesome. They have held up longer than any other diaper O have owned. I got mine at little for now. Or maybe thanksmama.com
Powersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Powersmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You should get a stretchy wool pull on cover. I might still have a small. I will look!
Powersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #8
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I will look into those, thank you!
Old 08-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #9
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmom View Post
Get the premium indian cotton ones! They are awesome. They have held up longer than any other diaper O have owned. I got mine at little for now. Or maybe thanksmama.com
Is this kind of like what you mean?

gauze diaper doublers
Old 08-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #10
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I found the same ones (osocozy gauze diaper doublers) at wonderfulandwild.com for $2.50/dozen...so I'm trying them first. They aren't premium (I couldn't find any that were, though it looks like osocozy used to make some) but they're six layers of cotton gauze and I think maybe they'll work. Worth a shot, for that price.

Last edited by MamaLlama; 08-08-2017 at 07:05 PM.
MamaLlama is online now   Reply With Quote