Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fitted for bigger newborn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
We had some small bamboo sandies and I did like the fit on those, but I found I just don't like bamboo diapers in general. Maybe cotton ones would work better. I'm going to try the workhorses, and if they don't fit, I will probably go running back to motherease!
We used WH before going to sandys. We got no clousres since DD is long and lean. She wore the larges from about 8/9m to 12m. I was tried of the snappi so I switched to sandys because from what I have read I didn't trust WH with snaps.

I did like that WH had more absorbancy in the wet zone than sandys, especially using wool I felt like I always had to put a booster in the sandies. I do sorta wonder if I would have preferred WH more if they would have worked with snaps . Never know now. Babies are not in our future but if it somehow happened I would probably choose WH and Wool first.

Diaper Rite (Diaper Junction) had a WH style diaper back 2 years ago when I was looking into this. might be worth checking the price point.

Good Luck!

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers FFS

Last edited by Pixi6s; 08-31-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:03 PM   #12
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought some closureless workhorses off eBay (new) and then just bought a batch of small cotton sandies here too. So I'll compare the two. I don't think Diaper Junction still sells cotton prefitteds. At the moment all they have are small bamboo seconds.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #13
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update: the workhorses fit but without much room to spare, probably about a month's worth. Not worth it to me for how much I spent on them, so I am selling them (while they're still new) and I'll stick with prefolds and small sandies for now unless I find some snapless red edge WH to try. I know the sandies will fit for a while (my sturdy toddler could wear them at two). I didn't know you're supposed to size up on workhorses. Turns out you are.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was worried about that for you. Hopefully they will sell quickly!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #15
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you!
Old 09-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
Update: the workhorses fit but without much room to spare, probably about a month's worth. Not worth it to me for how much I spent on them, so I am selling them (while they're still new) and I'll stick with prefolds and small sandies for now unless I find some snapless red edge WH to try. I know the sandies will fit for a while (my sturdy toddler could wear them at two). I didn't know you're supposed to size up on workhorses. Turns out you are.
Yeah 20ish lbs DD outgrow the large WH by 1y, in length.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers FFS
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote