Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
leslie2148
Registered Users

My Mood:
When to start stashing

Okay so I'm definitely jumping the gun! I'm only 12 weeks pregnant and I already want to buy my whole stash! Is this too soon? I had a pregnancy before this one, and sadly I lost my little angel at 10 weeks, bit we were given another blessing with a strong heartbeat so I'm pretty confident my little one will make it, but am I buying too soon? Should I wait?

Advertisement

leslie2148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: When to start stashing

It's totally up to you when you start buying. I bought diapers way earlier than I should have this time. You may want to wait a little, just because there are sales coming up for black Friday and Cyber Monday. And then there's one site that does sales for the 12 days off Christmas. (I think clothdiapers.com)
Now's a good time to plan out what you want, look at reviews, maybe look out for good deals on fsot.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
leslie2148
Registered Users

My Mood:

I totally forgot about black friday! Thanks so much you're right I'll wait it out
leslie2148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

I would agree to figure out what you want the stash to look like now. Sign up for lots of mailings and wait for deals.

With my first, most of his stash was made up of new but washed or new and just tried on. I wasn't interested in getting used but it was a great way to get basically new stuff (people restashing before LO was even born, or LO didn't fit in X or they decided not to or didn't get into cloth until later but had stashed, etc) -- this was 8 years ago when the BST was much more active here though.

On that thought, if you think you could possibly be the type of person who might completely restash in the 11 hour (switch from AIO to prefolds or pockets to flats) -- then DEF wait. Such a waste of money.

Also I suggest only stashing for the newborn stage maybe a bit for the after stage so not caught off guard. People who stash for the entire diapering career before the LO is born (like all the sizes of prefolds right now) could be horribly surprised that either they or they child don't like the solution planned out for them, again a waste. Or with prefolds you may be able to skip a size and have a better idea how many you actually need at a given age, etc.

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 10-16-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
amdafforn16
Registered Users
seller

I started building my diaper stash in my first trimester, mostly because I was finding some good deals on BST sites. I have bought almost nothing new, aside from some newborn pockets that I got during a BOGO sale. I agree with what everyone has mentioned above, I would try to work on your newborn stash maybe getting a few of different types of diapers so you can get a feel for what you like during those early days and then buy larger sizes once you're confident that you've found what works for you. Also, definitely go to diaper websites and sign up for their emails so you can know when sales are happening. I've heard there are stellar deals on Black Friday.

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25
amdafforn16 is offline   Reply With Quote