Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 1st day back to work...

was a disaster.

My darling DS is 8 months old and went from 6 am until 4 pm without eating ANYTHING. Finally my long-suffering mother gave up trying to get him to take a bottle (or sippy cup, or cup and straw, regular cup, baby food, anything) and drove him to my work so I could nurse him. Stinker. Granted, it was a 12 hr shift, which was hard for him, but still...

On a positive note, the pumping room at work (a hospital) has a lovely hospital pump (and rocking chair, magazines, etc.) that works with my tubing/etc. and I just love it! In a mere 10 minutes I'd pumped 10 ounces. Like a miracle.

Advertisement

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My 1st day back to work...

My LO doesn't drink much when I'm gone.

There were times if he had 4 ounces in my 10 hours away! He's 12 months...so I'm thinking about 8 months was when he wasn't drinking much. Did he nap for her? Was he playful?

It will get better!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that describes my dd--this time ds doesn't mind a bottle so it goes easier for dh but ds is still very happy to see my breasts when I get home hehe! sounds like the pump room is nice- I wish my hospital had something like that!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_n_ben View Post

My LO doesn't drink much when I'm gone.

There were times if he had 4 ounces in my 10 hours away! He's 12 months...so I'm thinking about 8 months was when he wasn't drinking much. Did he nap for her? Was he playful?

It will get better!

I hope he'll get used to this...and nope, he didn't nap, didn't want to play, just wanted to be held and cry. I felt like a criminal every time I heard him over the phone.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama! I'm sure it's been hard, but I honestly think he just needs time to adjust! You can't expect him to just change his daily schedule and like it in just one day. Even as adults, we need 21 days to change a habit and feel comfortable with it, so I think you & your mom will have to do your best to comfort him until he adjusts. He won't starve himself, don't worry about that. At 8 months old, is he taking any solids? Perhaps your mom can give him some more food to tide him over until you get home. My dd also refused a bottle (at 3 mos, when I went back to work part-time) and wouldn't eat for at least 5 hours (but when we got home, she ate like a complete pig to make up for it). After about a month, she was taking some of her bottles succesfully, and a month after that, she was totally fine. so you just need to a hang in there - it's very stressful, though, I know!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote