Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
jawcmw
Registered Users
seller

cloth training pants?

I have b/g twins that I am potty training. I have the gerber training pants with plastic covers. What do cloth diapering mamas use when potty training?
Thanks

Advertisement

jawcmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: cloth training pants?

I've been using gerber trainers undies and putting a flip or other cover over. works great for us and saves on the moolah! I just use my regular cloth at night and nap times.
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
RDPhDMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This may not be a popular answer (or maybe it will be, who knows?). . . I let my little one run around the house with a bare bottom. Hey-- it was just us at home and we have hard wood floors, which clean up very easily! She only wet herself once and was very unhappy about it. After that, she was all about using the potty!

Having said that, I *knew* that she was ready. She had been using the potty for "fun" for awhile. I just didn't get determined about potty training until summer / vacation was over. As soon as we got back on our regular school year schedule with big sis and I could focus on the little one at home, it was a cinch. I had to give her my full attention, watch for signals, and take her to the bathroom at least once every two hours to "try."
RDPhDMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDPhDMom View Post
This may not be a popular answer (or maybe it will be, who knows?). . . I let my little one run around the house with a bare bottom. Hey-- it was just us at home and we have hard wood floors, which clean up very easily! She only wet herself once and was very unhappy about it. After that, she was all about using the potty!

Having said that, I *knew* that she was ready. She had been using the potty for "fun" for awhile. I just didn't get determined about potty training until summer / vacation was over. As soon as we got back on our regular school year schedule with big sis and I could focus on the little one at home, it was a cinch. I had to give her my full attention, watch for signals, and take her to the bathroom at least once every two hours to "try."
That's actually a Very popular Answer. A lot of mama's have their LO's go bare bummed because without the feel of something touching their bums they become very aware of a difference. A few days of going bare and using the potty before using any kind of underpants usually helps jump start the process
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:

Once they get the hang of going when they have the urge, I like Imse Vimse trainers.
Expecting #3, after 6 long years of loss and hope.
Blessed beyond measure by the God Who Sees.

Please see my ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1624875
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDPhDMom View Post

this exactly. and blueberry trainers for out and about.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD isn't ready to potty train (17 months, and not ready!)...but her preschool makes her wear waterproof pull-ups, so we use antsy pants and love them! They are pretty pricey, so we only use them for school, and at home she runs around naked, or wears diapers/blueberries. Her happy heiney trainers were too snug around the legs for her, but those seem to be good, too. Less expensive, but ad a little more bulk. Good luck in finding which ones work for you!

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
KristaMae2010
Registered Users
seller

Flip just came out with training pants! So cute!
KristaMae2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #9
nicolehmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Krista, didnt know that! How much are they? Reuseable trainers seem to be even more expensive than pockets, especially if you have to buy them new.
nicolehmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
KristaMae2010
Registered Users
seller

It looks like you can get a set of 1 trainer & 5 inserts for $24...does that seem average? My ds is only 16mo so I haven't had to look into that yet!
KristaMae2010 is offline   Reply With Quote