Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #41
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Re: July TTC #1 -No Children Mentioned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaspins View Post
Sorry you have PCOS. Did they confirm it with bloodwork or the exam? They only did bloodwork on me. She had talked about maybe an ultrasound on my ovaries but then never said anything again, so I'm not sure.

I'm on cycle day 13 and I'm spotting, which is very confusing. Plus my last period was very light, I just don't know. If you want to read more about it, I made a post about it in the TTC forum.
My thyroid and testosterone levels were normal, but the ultrasound showed lots of cysts on the outside of my ovaries. I saw the report and the good news is that my uterus and lining are both normal and my left ovary is better than my right. He told me it's a great sign that my testosterone levels were normal because hopefully we can turn it around since it hasn't affected them yet. I just wish I got something other than "come back in 2 months and we'll double your dosage." :/

I just read your post and I really hope it was implantation bleeding! But I've never taken Vitex and don't know the symptoms. Update us ASAP after testing!

Advertisement

My Registry/WL: I'm registered at Babylist, and you can check out my registry here.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think it's implantation bleeding. It seems like that is supposed to happen a week after ovulation and since I'm only at cycle day 13 it seems very unlikely.

Although who the heck knows!

And I finally got some pics of some of my baby stuff! I just got some alva's in the mail the other day from a co op so I thought I'd share. I'm still waiting on some more co op stuff too.

Most of the clothing I have bought is from Goodwill, 25 cent day. Please excuse the very busy quilt in the background. I have a few more clothing pieces that are MIA/in the car.

Boy Clothing

Girl Clothing

Only two pieces of clothing I've bought brand new, but on clearance.

My Diapers!
1: Top top row, NB size I've made, no soakers.
2: Top row 1 BG 4.0 from a trade, realllly well loved Rumparooz FFS (needs new elastic), last 4 NB diapers I've made.
3: Fleece soaker I made, Alva's.
4: Fleece soaker I made, Alva's.
5: Fleece pants I made, Alva, two Sunbabies, 2 BG 4.0 from a trade.

Woolies I've knitted. A black soaker also missing. And two more longies on the needles.

Also question, for those of you that buy clothing, either new or used (not stuff given to you) how do you decide what you buy? Boys or girls? Gender neutral. My hubby was making fun of me today because he was saying we aren't even pregnant and what if we don't even have a boy or a girl. lol I usually end up buying what I think is cute for 25 cents, but most of it ends up being girly because I love pink and hate blue. I also hate sports stuff, so it seriously limits the boy stuff I think is cute.

Last edited by opheliaspins; 07-19-2012 at 01:03 AM.
opheliaspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love your stuff! Mostly I am only getting gender neutral items - but we are more lenient. Example - I LOVE safari themes and I will put that on a girl, even though it's typically a boy thing. We will also put purple on boys (darker purple preferred, light okay) and we'll put any pajamas on any gender at home.

I got lots of clothes through trades, and she let me put all the items I wanted in there (MFRB) so I did put some girly items (dresses, very girly pink flowery pants, etc), but not many. I also stay away from kid's clothes with sayings on them. A lot of the carters items I have say things like "I love hugs" and that's fine, but no "Mommy's Little Slugger" with a baseball bat or anything like that. I hate those. Now that I'm working at Gymboree (and get a 30% discount!) I will be buying more gender specific items because I can get them really cheap. I love so much of their stuff, but they don't have too many gender neutral items.

My Registry/WL: I'm registered at Babylist, and you can check out my registry here.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #44
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I try to get gender neutral stuff too, but when it's 25 cents it's hard to pass up cute girl stuff. Plus I have no problem with putting boys in pink stuff around the house. Probably won't do it that much when we go out besides like diapers that get covered, mostly because they everyone would call them the wrong sex. lol I think pink diapers that no one sees is totally fine.

Well update on my stuff. I was spotting all day yesterday, and some this morning and then it really picked up and I think it's actual AF. Finally gave in and used a tampon, I was in denial that it was actually the start of AF. So I just had a 13 day cycle? WTH? idk Very very confusing. My last period was kind of light but still lasted 3 days plus spotting. My previous cycle was 38 days.

Has anyone every had that short of a cycle?

Last edited by opheliaspins; 07-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.
opheliaspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #45
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaspins View Post
So I just had a 13 day cycle? WTH? idk Very very confusing. My last period was kind of light but still lasted 3 days plus spotting. My previous cycle was 38 days.

Has anyone every had that short of a cycle?
I have, but it was when I was 14 or so and completely off the charts irregular, lol. Maybe it's the on-again/off-again Vitex? I know it's supposed to bring you a shorter cycle, so maybe missing some really threw your body off? I'm trying to take notes of any spotting, new meds, if I missed any doses, etc in case something weird happens.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #46
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
I have, but it was when I was 14 or so and completely off the charts irregular, lol. Maybe it's the on-again/off-again Vitex? I know it's supposed to bring you a shorter cycle, so maybe missing some really threw your body off? I'm trying to take notes of any spotting, new meds, if I missed any doses, etc in case something weird happens.
That's a good idea. I had been doing really really really good with my medicine until I went to go visit my family in PA. I've been tracking my bleeding and spotting and temps when I remember but not much else, that's hard enough lol.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #47
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

CD#4. The first day I thought AF arrived was just spotting. The camping trip this weekend was a bust thanks to the truck's radiator cracking. Hopefully we'll have it fixed in a few days. Everything that is going wrong this summer and the months before it has made money tight and drained our savings. Times like this make me thankful I have a job to return to so we can build our savings back up quickly and still get to enjoy some spending money. School starts back the 17th here so hopefully I go back to work by the 27th. Hopefully nothing else major goes wrong.
Soon to be TTC #2
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #48
abhernandez
Registered Users

Hey Ophelia... what do you think of those Alvas? Are they newborns? I just ordered 6...

And everyone...I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles.. it's funny how that happens in this group. This past spring it was literally just one blow after another. We literally couldn't win. But the good luck comes in runs too.... I'll be stalking you all... Nothing better than a ttc#1 bfp!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #49
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

CD#5. We got the truck fixed today and we're renewing camping plans hoping to go around the end of the month. K-Mart sent me an email today with $5 to spend at their store so I bought some household stuff online, since it was on sale, and had it shipped to the local store for free. I'm not going to turn down free stuff! DH went out of town today so that sucks but he's supposed to be back by Monday. Overall today has been a good day though.
Soon to be TTC #2
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

..My post just got eaten. So, I have been working a lot more and have been super tired. I finished my Provera, so here's hoping that I get a period soon. Today at work, we got some more clearance merchandise and I couldn't help myself. I got this caterpillar sleeper and this frog hat . I also want to get the booties if they go on sale more. They have two snaps to be more adjustable and I never knew this, but that sleeper will convert into a sleeping gown. I am so in love!

Ophelia, I just noticed that Spiderman diaper up there - love it!