Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
# of Covers

How many covers do you guys like to have? Os? Sized? What about for 2 in diapers?

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: # of Covers

I have done cloth with as little as 3 covers. 4-5 is so much easier. My preference for diapers and covers is sized. I also use wool only but even if I did do PUL I think 4-5 would be good. Again I much prefer sized. Aside from that my husband wouldn't use the one size fitted we had. Said all the rise snaps were confusing.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think it depends on your lo and what type of diapers you are using. When I first tried flats my lo was 3 mo and pooped a lot so I was only able to use a cover once. Now I would only need two a day since I am better at folding.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 13.5mo twins, so slightly different than, say, a toddler & a 6mo would be different. We use primarily Thirsties Duo/BB miniCoveralls for littles & I think I had 10 or 11. It really wasn't enough when they were nb/small & ebf & we had tons of blowouts. I probably would have been more comfortable w/ a few more. Now we have some size 2 Thirsties & OS covers...maybe around 11 of those as well. It's plenty for us. We use mostly fitteds & do some wool part-time. Trifolding, I could see needing more, but we're able to reuse covers for quite a while b/c most of the time it's snappied pfs or fitteds.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I use trifolded prefolds and I have a 5 month old and For me 16 covers is perfect for washing ever other day, she poops a ton lol. When I have 2 in diapers I have about 24 covers in rotation. I am loving flip one size cover but not for before 14 or so pounds. Before one size fits I prefer thirsties duo wrap size 1 and for real itty bitty newborns bummis nb superbrite.

With previous babies I snappied prefolds and my go to cover was sized thirsties.

Deirdre~married to Joe, the love of my life & Momma to our 5 great kids- Emily {5/07}, Lilly {11/08}, Joseph {7/10}, Maggie {7/12} & Daisy {7/14}
Married to the love of my life and lucky momma to our 6 kids plus #7 on the way due 8/2018!

Last edited by mommadeeof4+; 01-10-2015 at 09:32 PM.
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #6
LilMissScareAll
Registered Users

When LO was a newborn I had 5 snap RaR covers that I primarily used (with GMD fitteds), plus a couple Thirsties aplix cover (DH preferred them). I could have gotten away with less but I liked coordinating covers to LO's outfits/baby leggings. As long as we didn't have any poop leaks, I would just wipe cover when I did diaper changes.

Now that his 1+, I have 3 PUL covers that I used when we go out (we stay cover free at home during the day) and 1 wool cover for at night (but I really need to buy at least 1 more)
LilMissScareAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

We use trifolded flats. I have about 10 covers which is plenty IF my babysitter stopped tossing them in the pail after 1 pee... I finally got dh to stop doing it and the kids new real quick if I asked them to put a diaper in the pail, to just drop the cloth and lay cover over tub.
We also have 6 pockets that dh uses mostly out if he has kids out somewhere while Im at work...tbh he also uses them at home because its less bend over time with his bad back. They also get stuffed with flats.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #8
Edinfamily
Registered Users

I like to have 5 covers and I prefer to use the sized covers. I don't like the snaps on the OS as they are always hurting my kiddos.
Edinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #9
mamacita1222
Registered Users

When my first was born i fastened prefolds. From 15 pounds onward I had six covers (3 Rumparooz OS and 3 blueberry OS coveralls) but he pooped so frequently that I was often handwashing covers at night. We used those covers to death. At 14 months I switched to padfolded flats and at 18 months I got a few second hand size large covers to add to our rotation. At 22 months I threw away the rumparooz.

My second son was born as my first was turning two. I transitioned my toddler to just bummi's size large and padfolded flats I currently have 3 new ones, three old ones that need to be tossed, and 6 used ones on the way. He will end up with 9 covers.

My five month old is now in bummis medium covers and some bambino Mio sized covers as well. He has 3 BM that are a little too small, 3 BM that are just right, 4 bummis that are in good condition, 2 bummis that need to be tossed, 2 pro wraps that I hate and just keep around for emergencies, and 2 used bummis on the way. He will end up with 9 covers as well (plus an emergency 2).

I really prefer the sized to the OS diaper covers. And I prefer snaps on toddlers and older babies and Velcro on little babies. But I like having both. A sized Velcro cover with a padfolded flat laid in it is so easy and straightforward for anyone to change.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote