Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #31
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Regroup Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I wish my DH would feel inspired to do some electrical stuff. We bought a new light+fan for above our kitchen table and it has sat on the kitchen floor in the box for MONTHS now. Since it's dark out when we eat, we really notice how dim our old one is, plus in the summer it's really hot in that room. We have a good friend who is an electrician, and his wife is coming over tomorrow - I really want to just hire him to install this light, but dh is sure he will do it himself. You know, in a year or two.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I know the feeling. I bought new locks for our house many many moons ago. They have now been taken out to the shed because them sitting in the house month after month was making me crazy. Surely at some point he will do it but ugh.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #32
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I wish my DH would feel inspired to do some electrical stuff. We bought a new light+fan for above our kitchen table and it has sat on the kitchen floor in the box for MONTHS now. Since it's dark out when we eat, we really notice how dim our old one is, plus in the summer it's really hot in that room. We have a good friend who is an electrician, and his wife is coming over tomorrow - I really want to just hire him to install this light, but dh is sure he will do it himself. You know, in a year or two.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
We had a similar situation a few years ago when I was running the church clothes closet -- DH got upset when I asked about guy at church to do something for me. I told DH I asked the other guy because the thing I had already asked him to do will want some, three weeks later. I told him if he wants to be the one doing things for me, then he needs to do them in a timely fashion. He suddenly got a lot better at getting things accomplished.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #33
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Don't feel bad everyone. By getting it fixed it means he talked to a guy who told him to get it fixed and he trusts him so he is coming over to fix it.

If I had mentioned that the electricity is ridiculous he would have shrugged it off or told me he didn't want to hire anyone.

I'll take it though.

So today's projects:

-Run errand
-Bake something for a friend to take with her.
-I have a basket that is a clutter catcher in my bedroom and I thought I fixed it but two days later and it looks terrible again. Going to take all the odd bits and consolidate them into one storage bin we have in the basement.
-I really need a furniture solution for that room but do not have the $ at the moment so I have to make do with what I do have.

Last edited by Agla; 01-17-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote