Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Belly Binding?

Has anyone tried the Belly Bandit for postpartum belly binding? Or another type?

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just used my belly band from holding up my pants in early pregnancy. It did help my belly go down faster. It was just enough pressure without being uncomfortable.

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

The hospital gave me one (not sure what brand) after my 2nd c section and it was great!
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
dublinmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Belly Binding?

I had the belly bandit with my last birth and am looking for something different for after this birth. The belly bandit is super stiff and has a huge velcro section so it wasn't really comfortable to wear. It also creased after wearing it a few times and then would fold down every time I would sit or bend over and it tended to shift up so it wasn't where it was supposed to sit.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinmom
I had the belly bandit with my last birth and am looking for something different for after this birth. The belly bandit is super stiff and has a huge velcro section so it wasn't really comfortable to wear. It also creased after wearing it a few times and then would fold down every time I would sit or bend over and it tended to shift up so it wasn't where it was supposed to sit.
Hmm, I don't want to pay $70 for that to happen.

Anyone heard of the sqeem binder?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I used a bellefit. Loved it.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05

Anyone heard of the sqeem binder?
I almost did that one but I was afraid I'd have to order like 5 sizes. I may do one now though. The bellefit didn't quite work for me. I used a cheapy from amazon for 6 weeks or so. I still need something though.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Belly Binding?

I LOVED belly binding!!! I didn't know about it with my first, but I did it after DS 2 and 3 were born. It's a lifesaver IMO for those first few days/weeks when everything feels like its free floating in there And while I think it does help with muscle structure and shrinkage, honestly just having some support there was reason enough for me! I had two, one from the hospital with the large Velcro section that someone mentioned before, and the other was just a pull on I got at Kohls! I think I spent $25 on it. I made sure it didn't have any boning in the sides, I have read that makes it super uncomfortable. The velcro one was fine at home and under sweaters, but for thinner items and out of the house i preferred the other since it made a smoother surface Definitely worth at least trying though!

ETA: whatever you buy, make sure it's long enough, it should come down to your pelvic bone for proper fit/support!!!

Last edited by babymakes3.4.5....; 07-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Danielle, I already commented, but you absolutely should get something for after twins. It took quite a while for me to not feel like my insides were falling out. I got a $15 cheapy off amazon that really helped. I used it immediately pp, and didn't mind a little blood got on it cause it was cheap. Plus, there's a lot of shrinking to do, so then you can get a better one when you're not losing so fast.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176
Danielle, I already commented, but you absolutely should get something for after twins. It took quite a while for me to not feel like my insides were falling out. I got a $15 cheapy off amazon that really helped. I used it immediately pp, and didn't mind a little blood got on it cause it was cheap. Plus, there's a lot of shrinking to do, so then you can get a better one when you're not losing so fast.
I got the coture belly bandit in a small. I'm praying it'll fit and plan to wear it religiously even if it kills me! Lol