Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #21
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: when did your lo crawl?

My twins didn't crawl until 9-10 months but they did the 'Downward Dog' for months - it was hilarious! They'd just sit there stuck in this yoga position, maybe shake their booty while it was up, and eventually collapse! I still laugh when I think about it or see old photos They both knew how to walk at 12 months but one of them just kept holding out until 15 months - I guess he got tired of trying to crawl fast to keep up with his brother!

DD was scooting by 5 months but waited until 10.5 months to walk. She's 13 months now and almost running. She freaks me out! Sometimes I long for the days when I could just put her down, go to the bathroom (for example), come back and she's still in the same spot

Advertisement

crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #22
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD crawled at 7 months. She wanted to crawl earlier, but she hated being on her tummy! And she still hated being so close to the floor with crawling, that she walked the next month. It was pretty cute to see a little 8 month old walking around!

My DS crawled as soon as he turned 6 months. He had been army crawling and scooting for a while before that. He was a much faster crawler than my DD and was much more content at crawling to get around so he didn't walk until 10 months. After having my DD walking at 8 months, 10 seemed so late But once he was up and walking, I wished he had waited. He was into everything!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #23
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

My DS started crawling around 8 months. DD was 7 months I think. DS is now almost 10 months and pulling up on everything and crawling like a little speed demon. He can't stand without support, but he has taken a few steps when supported by something (our hands, or an overturned laundry basket)

My BFF has a son that is 12 days older than my DS. He's like yours, OP, content to sit. I think he only just started rolling over actually. He's shown no interest in learning to crawl or anything. When we had a playdate with my kids and her little boy, hers just sat there and was content to let my DD bring him toys and watch my DS play and basically crawl circles around him.

Some babies are just more mellow about things like that I guess.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #24
jenbabekitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine crawled at 9 months but didnt even try to walk until he was 14 months old. both of my nieces didnt crawl til they were almost a year. all babies are different.
jenbabekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 AM   #25
Loupgarou
Registered Users
seller

Both of my girls didn't crawl until about 9 months. DD1 walked at 13 months exactly; DD2 is ten months and hasn't walked yet but she was pulling up on furniture and cruising before she crawled. One of my friends has a baby born a day before my DD2 and he has been walking since 8 months!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #26
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

He crawled at 6.5 months but didn't walk until 12.5 months.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #27
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS was 11 months when he started to crawl, and about 14 months when he finally decided that walking was his thing.

DD was about 7 months, and walking by her first birthday.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #28
jellybelly37
formerly J*****e
seller

My Mood:

Both mine started crawling at 7 months (before that they both belly-slid, so they were mobile) but then one walked at almost 13 months, the other at 11 months. I have a few friends whose babies didn't crawl until late. My friend's baby is 12 months and only just started crawling properly and pulling up to stand (he started commando crawling around 10 months). But otherwise he is pretty normal, just on a slow schedule for physical things. But really, there is such a huge range that even that is normal!!
jellybelly37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #29
crunch!910
Registered Users

DS crawled at 7 mo, walked at 9 mo.

I had a friend who's baby didn't crawl until close to a year, still is not walking.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #30
amy329
Registered Users
seller

All kids grow at a different rate. I wouldn't worry mama! My DS started to crawl at 8 months and my DD was at 7.