Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #31
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday!

Shannon and Derry are just the same. Shannon is terrible about her clothes. She hate jeans with a passion. Shoes are problematic too.

I'm sorry Steph....I feel your pain.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #32
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Steph she could be a sensitive kid but lots of those are also red flags for Sensory Processing issues.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #33
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Breakfast done, dishwasher running, laundry in the machine and set for a delayed start after the dishwasher is done, kitchen tidied and swept, knitted one inch of inseam on my longies -now to get us dressed and off to kindermusik.

Thanks for the recipes Janine and Jen -freezing the grated zucchini is a great idea! then I can have it and bake stuff as I go. I may even pick up another giant zucchini just to grate it up

Steph -I think earlier bedtime and talking to your pedi both sound like great ideas to start with. I hope you can figure it out! and on your DH -I'm sure your hair looks great!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #34
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and this morning while MH was sitting on the potty...still in her night diaper and woolies...to have her morning pee (she is an odd child at times) that she poop on the potty yesterday without her diaper. I about smacked him for not telling me sooner
Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #35
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wahoo for pooping on the potty!

Steph, my girls are sensory kids. They still don't like to wear pants with zippers. I just don't buy them any, it's not worth the struggle. And undies have been a huge issue, and IDK what I'm going to do now since Becky tells me Mudd undies aren't going to be sold at Kohls anymore. They will be tweens soon enough and wanting $100 jeans, LOL. It has gotten better with Rosie as she's gotten older. What helps on the dressing front is I tell Rosie I won't have time to fix her hair if she takes too long. She finally can tolerate barrettes, clips, hair ties, etc and she's big into them now. Of course Elli is probably like Ginger and still can't do them sensory-wise, but there's probably some sort of carrot you can dangle in front of the horse. The only reason I don't have such a huge issue with Ginger in the AM is because she's in PM kindy. I just have to get shoes and a jacket on her if we aren't going anywhere after we drop Rosie off.

I saw a shirt so cute at Meijers today on clearance I just bought it without even looking at the size. I'm going to put it on him anyway, and I may just cut out the design and put it on another shirt after I wash it.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #36
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I was going to say you should expect a rough transition with them in the same room, but it will get better with time. I do agree you should put them to bed earlier. If it makes sense to put Elli to bed first, then do it, but I've been putting all three of my kids to bed at the same time, sometimes in the same room, and they rarely take more than 30 minutes of talking/etc. until they fall asleep. Sometime 45min to an hour when they've been over stimulated, but no later than that since the novelty has worn off.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #37
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenn, Ian has had the same issues, and the pedi in TX called it Reactive Airway. It can be a precursor to asthma. He put Ian on Singulair tabs daily, and we have not had a bronchial infection ever since. He still coughs when he gets a cold, but it doesn't get nasty and he has not needed ABX since.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #38
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #39
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After planning my meal plan around eating out of the pantry as much as possible, Meijers had a big sale this week and put a LOT of things we eat every week on sale. So I just dropped $90 on groceries when I had planned on just getting perishables this week. Ugh.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #40
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Jenn, Ian has had the same issues, and the pedi in TX called it Reactive Airway. It can be a precursor to asthma. He put Ian on Singulair tabs daily, and we have not had a bronchial infection ever since. He still coughs when he gets a cold, but it doesn't get nasty and he has not needed ABX since.
good to know. thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
After planning my meal plan around eating out of the pantry as much as possible, Meijers had a big sale this week and put a LOT of things we eat every week on sale. So I just dropped $90 on groceries when I had planned on just getting perishables this week. Ugh.
that happens to me a lot at the grocery store.