Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: For those of you who breastfed then decided to formula feed?

When it took a toll on my mental well being. I happy healthy momma is more important to my kiddos than having bm.

Advertisement

s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
sunnyllama
Registered Users
seller

I am feeling the same as you right now op! I feel so torn because while I feel so fortunate to have a good supply and healthy baby, I just want my body back too! I have really had to ask myself if I do all of this for myself and baby or because I feel like "its the right thing to do" based on everyone elses opinion. I would say that its just important to keep things in perspective. When you are sitting in the crowd at this babys college graduation, are you going to be thinking about when you stopped breastfeeding and why? You need to be proud of what you do for your children, not always expecting something else of yourself! Good luck!
sunnyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #13
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
I guess I feel guilty because we aren't really having any problems nursing. My supply is awesome, I get to SAH most of the time, she did well with daddy and the bottle while I was at work Saturday, I pumped with minimal drama at work. I worry about her not doing well on formula, mostly. But my guilt is that there are momma's who WANT to nurse, who desire and fight to nurse and I have like 200 oz of breastmilk pumped and saved and nurse no problem and have a tank of a baby. I just want my body back to myself. I'm selfish! I'll admit it. I still feel pregnant and borderline disabled. :/
Mental well being is just as important as physical well being.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
JaylasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I would love to keep nursing! I really feel the same way. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't have to go to work. Although, I struggle with my supply. It's hard to be hooked up to the pump for a few hours during the day to see minimal results, nurse your baby for hours at a time only for her to still be hungry, and to run out of pumped milk since I cannot make enough to get through a day... My sanity and older daughter need a break. My baby needs to eat and not starve. I just don't love nursing anymore due to the stress.

Last edited by JaylasMommy; 07-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.
JaylasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #15
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
I guess I feel guilty because we aren't really having any problems nursing. My supply is awesome, I get to SAH most of the time, she did well with daddy and the bottle while I was at work Saturday, I pumped with minimal drama at work. I worry about her not doing well on formula, mostly. But my guilt is that there are momma's who WANT to nurse, who desire and fight to nurse and I have like 200 oz of breastmilk pumped and saved and nurse no problem and have a tank of a baby. I just want my body back to myself. I'm selfish! I'll admit it. I still feel pregnant and borderline disabled. :/
I think you have to do whats best for you in this situation. Im in a different spectrum than you since I am one of those moms that wishes she had a supply to nurse her child FT. I right now am still debating on if the ball and chain of the pump is worth it to me. The time consumption of it all is just overwhelming, and sometimes I just have no time to do it since Id rather be with my kids rather than sitting stressing over pumping while LO is crying. Im really tired of it all but something still doesn't let me completely let go. I fought so hard to get to this point that it just seems like im giving up ykwim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylasMommy View Post
I would love to keep nursing! I really feel the same way. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't have to go to work. Although, I struggle with my supply. It's hard to be hooked up to the pump for a few hours during the day to see minimal results, nurse your baby for hours at a time only for her to still be hungry, and to run out of pumped milk since I cannot make enough to get through a day... My sanity and older daughter need a break. My baby needs to eat and not starve. I just don't love nursing anymore due to the stress.
Im about 70% with you on this statement. I think when I get to 100% I will know its time.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a can of Neocate coming from a friend because I know she is dairy and most likely soy sensitive too. I am going back to work 16 hours a week. I would like to try to get her to take the formula to help with her nipple confusion (she isn't taking the bottle so well anymore), then we can decide where to go from there.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
Astoria's Mom
Registered Users
seller

Right now I'm home but come Monday I'm back at work. I'll pump there but likely he'll be getting formula during the day so I can keep what I pump for later on when the boobies are done.
Astoria's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Adaline'sMama
Registered Users

My house, my business, and my marriage were are falling down around me while I sat in a chair nursing twins all the time. I finally got up out of the chair for a day and cleaned and showered and went out to dinner with my husband and I began to supplement. We nursed until 6 months, 4 almost exclusively, but at 6 months they pretty much were rejecting my boobs and just preferring the bottle. And you know what, I preferred it too. This is the first time in 4 years that I havent been pregnant or nursing.
Adaline'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When dh gently told me no when I started talking elimination diets. We bought a can of nutramigen that night.

In hindsight I wish I'd quit sooner. I was miserable. All I ever did was nurse and pump, nurse and pump. I felt trapped and resented my baby. He started sttn at 6 weeks but I had to continue waking up 2-3 times a night to pump for a half hour each time because I was so uncomfortable with oversupply that just wouldn't quit. I was completely touched out. It was a mess.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Op have you thought of doing 1/2 and 1/2? Like nursing when home and formula when away from your baby?
It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just saying this so maybe you can have a break from the pump but still get the "I'm doing the right thing by nursing" feeling you were talking about.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote