Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #151
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: It's October!!

I understand that too E. I pretty much will not go to an Italian place because pasta is so cheap and easy it just doesn't seem worth it at all. And to be honest I haven't had any better eating out than I could make at home.

I also agree with Talla though, that eating out is special no matter what because I don't have to cook. That said, we rarely eat out. Probably once every couple of months. And it is almost always to either 1--Incredible Pizza (pizza buffet) or 2--Golden Coral. Both of those because they are significantly cheaper for our family than anywhere else, and have plenty of GF options.

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #152
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes I totally get that El. I am the same way. But then on the other hand I am just excited to not have to cook so I dont care sometimes lol.

The only times we really go to CB is if DH has been working crazy hours and has left/gotten home before/after the boys bed time and hasn't seen them in a couple days. That way he can at least get a hug and they can say hey to daddy. C can spot a CB sign from a mile away and always yells "Dad!!" Anytime he sees one. I used to work there too so I have eaten everything on the menu more times then I'd like to lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #153
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi all!

I've been too busy with no end in sight.

I am very sad that we don't have a Cracker Barrel near me anymore.

Funny story- I brought my brother and his family to CB and they loved it. Then my brother bought his NYC friends there and they turned their nose up at it. City slickers!!!!! I was so annoyed because then my brother decided he didn't like it. I mean if you are expecting fine dining that isn't what it is. If you want friendly comfort food then it can be just right.

More about NYC: Years ago everyone was raving about this comfort food place with "great soul food" I get there and it is like a deli counter with cold left overs and they fill a plate with what you want. Then you had to walk to a microwave and nuke the food. It wasn't cheap either. Are you kidding me!?

I ate apple cake and I wasn't supposed to. I might be on a sugar high.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #154
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought iowa machine shed sounded like an Agway/TSC type place too! Never been to cracker barrel, but we don't eat out. I mean, drive through nuggets maybe once a year.

Glad the recovery is going alright, hope you're just about to make a turn for the better though, it doesn't sound fun.

So sorry you got the fever call! Seeing your panic (which I sure hope ends up being unnecessary!!!) makes me a little more forgiving towards the mom who brought us this current sickness for never saying anything. Still sick. I was premature in my celebration of the fever leaving, it was just a case of being better after rest, but it has been back each day. Today the throat/lung stuff is better than yesterday but it feels just like morning sickness nausea minus the smells, but i am kinda glad to have it so baby gets my immunities. Kids are improved, but it seems like it'll hang around for a while.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #155
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not really that freaked out but I really do dread catching anything because it just seems like we are down so long, and stuck at home so long, while we wait for it to run through everyone.

Alga--that's crazy! Microwavable soul food???

Kennah fell off the trampoline onto her face today. It doesn't look so good, but thankfully all the cuts were minor except for the one, and even it was able to be closed with glue. (that glue bandage stuff, not actual glue)

Shebby--you didn't have that baby early did you? I know you might just be busy because you stay super busy anyway, but I also know you're pretty close to the due date.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:22 PM   #156
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I'm not really that freaked out but I really do dread catching anything because it just seems like we are down so long, and stuck at home so long, while we wait for it to run through everyone.

Alga--that's crazy! Microwavable soul food???

Kennah fell off the trampoline onto her face today. It doesn't look so good, but thankfully all the cuts were minor except for the one, and even it was able to be closed with glue. (that glue bandage stuff, not actual glue)

Shebby--you didn't have that baby early did you? I know you might just be busy because you stay super busy anyway, but I also know you're pretty close to the due date.

No baby. Just more drama. I seriously need a break. Just a wee break from my life being set on fire time and time again.

So, got the $8000 genetic testing bill sorted out.

Then our new boiler was not keeping our house to temp. Took the HVAC man three days to call me back. Ugh. Got That fixed.

Yesterday I came home from teaching/dance (after 5pm) to a letter from my OB stating that my Dr no longer practiced there. 😳. I JUST saw her Thursday and finalized my plans for my gentile c-section and talked over some more of my fears and confirmed my general surgeon and the pediatrician I picked out also coming to the party. (Since little has down syndrome and I am so old and high risk, they talk about my case daily at inter departmental meeting). The letter was written Friday. I guess she just walked out? I need to find out details. I spent all evening yesterday crying and having anxiety attacks.

I am so scared and feel stuck. I can not really afford to birth at a higher level center. Travel alone with winter hitting would not be affordable or mentally safe. I also do not even know what center to randomly pick and if I would like the dr. Plus then my girls would not get to see me.... And my husband would likely not be able to come.

There are two other providers in the practice (we have to meet each one to be a patient) but the young one seemed scared of my surgical history (rightfully so, I have had like six or so abdominal surgeries and my guts are a hot mess). But she is so awesome with her demeanor and is not overly concerned with conforming so she listens to my fears and concerns. I spoke with the manager today and she seemed to think that the dr sounded apprehensive because she did not agree with my drs plan but did not want to upset me or offend.... I am meeting with her next week to ask her point blank how she feels and what she thinks.

The older provider is old school. Kind of dismissive and not warm at all. She came up to my NST a week or two ago "to talk about my c section". The floor manager came as well and it did not go well. The dr basically said she heard I was going to decline my csection (I had only asked the other dr what IF i presented in full blown labor, well dilated etc would they consider to let me labor since MFM had cleared baby) and that there was no way I Was a vbac candidate and she was BOARD CERTIFIED and if I Was not comfortable with her I could go elsewhere if she was on call. Blah blah blah. I sat there and sobbed. The manager was so apologetic. She said she is an excellent dr but has a harsh way about her (you think?!). I am OK that she has her professional opinion but please respect my fragile state and explain it with compassion. No need for all negative speak. So, I do not think I emotionally trust her.

So I am 36 weeks with a special needs baby and my dr walked out and I do not feel confident in my local choices and can not afford choices farther away. I have no idea if my baby will be OK when she is born or if she will get flown out once she arrives. I am still working and will need to go right back to work once baby gets here (at least for a week or two until break). I am so mentally shot that I can not even function right now. I do not think i have been this depressed in a long time.

Sorry for my book.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:51 AM   #157
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh yikes, that's horrible about your doctor! Didn't you say you had her cell? Could you call her and see what happened? Ask her what she recommends? Maybe see if she is transferring somewhere else that isn't too far away?

The older doctor is the kind of doctor that I hate. I don't care how many degrees you have. If you cannot just at least *listen* to your patient and act respectful, you are not a good doctor. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Remember that as stressful as this is, God's got you.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #158
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Oh yikes, that's horrible about your doctor! Didn't you say you had her cell? Could you call her and see what happened? Ask her what she recommends? Maybe see if she is transferring somewhere else that isn't too far away?

The older doctor is the kind of doctor that I hate. I don't care how many degrees you have. If you cannot just at least *listen* to your patient and act respectful, you are not a good doctor. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Remember that as stressful as this is, God's got you.

No cell. I hope to snoop around today with the nurses on the floor. So far I think she just walked out. We have major non-competence contracts up here. I believe it forces drs to go 4 hours (maybe farther) away in order to practice within the next two years. Once they are gone, they are always gone for good 😥.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #159
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #160
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Picked up the deer today. 74 more pounds of meat in the freezer makes me happy.

Kennah's face looks awful today and I feel bad for her every time I look at her. Her birthday is in 4 days and I hope it looks at least some better by then!

Pretty weather again today and we are trying to soak up every bit of beautiful fall before it turns cold.

Feeling baby move multiple times a day now which I love. DH and I are going to have to start thinking about names at some point. And maybe acquire some things besides diapers...

We got a target toy catalog in the mail today. I guess I just live under a homeschooling rock, but when I was flipping through I was thinking "what the heck is some of this stuff?!?"

Last edited by jen_batten; 10-24-2018 at 12:44 PM.