Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #11
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you organize your life?!

I keep a big paper calendar on DH's Desk. I write down things like appts and then I text the dates/times to DH. He puts it in his phone & a reminder the day before.

For Bills, we have budget. We pay things that don't fluctuate electronically. (Like our insurance for the car is the same price each month. ) We pay other bills the day we get them in. So if the Electric bill arrives... Whoever gets it out of the mailbox, we sit down and write the check & walk it back out. We don't wait till the weekend or when we have "time" to do it. It takes 5 minutes to do.

When I worked outside the home, I made a flexible meal plan. I basically listed all the meals I could cook that week. I kept it on the fridge. So I might have:
Pork chops, baked potato, green beans
Grilled Chicken salad
Pizza
Chicken Alfredo with broccoli
Potato casserole with Cream of Mushroom, hashbrowns/tatertots, shredded cheese, can green beans & can chicken.

Then depending on how the day was going, I might decide I have time to cook the Alfredo. Or I might decide I don't have time and toss bagged salad in a bowl with pre-cooked chicken, shredded cheese, and call it good. I always tried to have a few 5 minute meals handy for "those days" or have meals that my DH could cook easily like Tatertot casserole. (Tatertot casserole is dump it all in & toss it in the oven cooking. )

When I worked, I would throw a load of laundry in before I left the house. I'd toss it in the dryer when I got home. Fold it after dinner. This reduced the stress of trying to do all the cleaning on my days off.

I kept a list on the fridge (still do) for when we are almost out of something/out of something. When I'd go shopping this made it the trip easier as I didn't have to search before hand trying to figure out what we needed.

I tried chore lists for myself etc. I found I would get behind and stress out or end up staying up late trying to do something. In the end, it just didn't work for me. I will eventually get it all done and I need more flexibility. I accomplished more without lists.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #12
DanielaLee
Banned

Just putting down my planes on paper on keeping them in my mind)nothing special
DanielaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #13
drea2281
Registered Users

My Mood:

You do all of this with ONE planner?! I'm amazed!
drea2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:30 AM   #14
melia57
Registered Users

My iPhone keeps me organized along with my Google Drive to save and access files.
melia57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:35 AM   #15
mary2504
Registered Users

Google calendar
mary2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #16
witchy mama
Registered Users

I love my bullet journal. It's not the only place I keep track of things (I also use Evernote and Google calendar) but it's my home base. I don't know how things will change when I do have a kid, but I expect to keep using my bujo!

The Bullet Journal official site has a great series on bullet journaling for moms. Looks like I can't post links yet, but if you go to bulletjournal dot com, to the blog section, you will find it!
witchy mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #17
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not organized and just trying to get by. But I know when I'm more organized I'm less stressed. I've watched a few YouTube videos on bullet journals and am interested to try it!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #18
witchy mama
Registered Users

mariposablue, you should definitely try it! If you haven't watched the original bullet journal video by Ryder Carroll, go look for that one--it shows how simple the system really is at its core. A lot of people pretty it up with stickers, stamps, fancy pens, etc., and while that's fun, it also means spending more time on your journal--which you don't need to do to stay organized.
witchy mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #19
emilyserafycox
Registered Users
seller

So high tech!! I cannot rely on my own memory to help much at all!!! Haha!
emilyserafycox is offline   Reply With Quote