Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2015, 02:48 PM   #41
_Marcia_
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: would you hire cleaning service?

I'm a SAHM and I totally would if we had the income. DH works weird hours and DS is a handful so I have no time to clean!

Advertisement

_Marcia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:33 AM   #42
Hwu415
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I have someone come clean and I love it. Cleaning is one of those things that I don't try too hard to save on, because I think a clean house keeps me sane and happy. A chaotic dirty house is no good for my mental health.

Personally, I am a bad cleaner as well. I can never get it to be as clean as the cleaning ladies. It takes me twice as long to be half as clean as them, so I say they are worth it.

One thing that helps me extend cleaning sessions is to buy a roomba - that little robotic vacuum is worth every penny! We run it at least once of twice a week and it keeps us clean enough, so the cleaning lady only needs to come every 2 months. Before the roomba, I probably needed the cleaning lady every other week.
Hwu415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #43
heathersott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agreee, if it is someone you can trust and you have the extra money. Just to do the deep cleaning, and a few things. Its hard but I would have the teen do some of the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
Like many WOHMs I am responsible for nearly all house cleaning, a large portion of the child care nights and weekends, and work outside the house full time. My husband either cooks or picks up dinner and does the grocery shopping. I work normal office hours, he works Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights, and random other times as well. DS is at school from a little before 9 until about 5. I also have a teen SD who moved in with us 2 years ago and can barely pick up after herself (what she can do I have forced her to learn. This is a work in progress). Oh yeah, 2 large dogs that DH cleans up after.

I cannot keep up. I feel like a failure. I don't need a spotless home but this place is most often a wreck. We could probably manage a crew to come do the basics every other week. I know so many moms wouldn't think twice, but it kills my frugal nature to pay someone to clean when they won't do anywhere near as good a job as I would. If I had the time.

Comments please?

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #44
EbelingElf
Registered Users

Risky...IMO....

I do have the disposable income and I also work from home. I'm a neat freak but have become much more relaxed about my OCD and house presentation. Kiddos will do that to you!!!

I have children from teen/tween/toddler stages. I have learned to give chores that are age appropriate. My kiddos never clean like I do - but they get to learn how to clean. When it has to be redone - I step in and watch/instruct each step. They hate this but it helps with repeat cleanings. I also give choices. Some days I will swap with the older kids to watch the younger kids while I deep clean. Believe it or not - cleaning can be therapeutic.

I have trust issues and would not trust strangers or even recommended cleaning services. Years ago a family friend hired a sketchy family member to work in her reputable cleaning business. While the family friend was trust worthy - the sketchy family member 'found' a clients star sapphire ring in the vacuum. It caused a huge rift in the family. And cost our family friend a client in her reputable business. Sad.

If I only had one little I would use nap times to deep clean. My first baby loved to vacuum while I wore her!! A swing in the kitchen did wonders for doing dishes or making dinner.
EbelingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #45
ljjathome
Registered Users

My Mood:

I definitely would, if financially possible! It's hard to put a price on our sanity
ljjathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:11 AM   #46
heathersott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say if you have the money to fit it in do it. The bathrooms, kitchen floor, it is just a relief knowing it is taken care of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
Like many WOHMs I am responsible for nearly all house cleaning, a large portion of the child care nights and weekends, and work outside the house full time. My husband either cooks or picks up dinner and does the grocery shopping. I work normal office hours, he works Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights, and random other times as well. DS is at school from a little before 9 until about 5. I also have a teen SD who moved in with us 2 years ago and can barely pick up after herself (what she can do I have forced her to learn. This is a work in progress). Oh yeah, 2 large dogs that DH cleans up after.

I cannot keep up. I feel like a failure. I don't need a spotless home but this place is most often a wreck. We could probably manage a crew to come do the basics every other week. I know so many moms wouldn't think twice, but it kills my frugal nature to pay someone to clean when they won't do anywhere near as good a job as I would. If I had the time.

Comments please?

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
Old 08-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #47
ann4525
Registered Users
seller

I am getting someone to start cleaning my house again. It really helps me stay on top of the clutter. It was great before
ann4525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:23 PM   #48
trixieskips
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just hired a housekeeper to come 2x a month because we could NOT keep up. I LOVE HER! Worth every damn penny.
trixieskips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #49
emilyserafycox
Registered Users
seller

I actually have someone come in only once a month, and even that is a big help. I also have super bad allergies to dust, so it helps with that too because then I don't have to be inhaling all that dust while I'm sweeping or whatever.
emilyserafycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #50
DanielleBQ
Registered Users

Yes, we have a cleaning service every other week. Outsource where you can, mama. Think of the hours your have a in a week, and parse out the time that you have.
DanielleBQ is offline   Reply With Quote