Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #21
Sgfoxy
Registered Users

Re: Anyone here work FROM home?

Jeez! You are quite lucky!!

Advertisement

Sgfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #22
emilyserafycox
Registered Users
seller

I'm in a very similar situation. It's really hard to focus on work when I'm working and focus on the kiddo when I'm supposed to be spending time with her. I always feel like I'm letting someone down! :/
emilyserafycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #23
Faulkner22
Registered Users

I am trying over 2 years. But not succeed yet.
Faulkner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 AM   #24
Megan FL
Registered Users

What is the best legit work from home job, I've tried avon & other online type sales with no luck
Megan FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #25
DanielleBQ
Registered Users

Yes, I have three kids and I've worked from my house for the last 7 years. My company is based in another country, and my US headquarters is about 3 hours away, so I have no option to go into an office. I LOVE it. I have so much flexibility. I was a bit tired today, and I had a break between meetings, so I took a nap as my "lunch".

I only travel to my clients and for international meetings once in a blue moon, but I used to do it with more regularity. I will say, if you want to BF, make pumping and giving a bottle a regular thing. With my youngest, I never gave him a bottle, because I didn't need to do so, and if I had to travel, it wouldn't have worked.

Set your self "in office" and "away from office" times, and stick to them. If you have team members in Asia and you have to check in at odd hours, keep them to one-two hour check ins. Don't work all night.

Don't forget to write off your office space on your taxes. And anything that your company doesn't reimburse you for office supply and utility wise.
DanielleBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:07 AM   #26
LauraMorris
Registered Users

Oh the thread is extremely actual for me!
LauraMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #27
DanielaLee
Banned

I worked from home since my son was 3 y.o. and could attend a kindergarten, it was impossible to start earlier as most of time I dedicated to him and other home routine like cooking, cleaning, etc. I think if some of you moms still want to work remotely, you just need to look for a free schedule, or at least find someone to help you taking care of a child. There are a lot of info in the web revealing peculiarities of freelance writing, I highly recommend to check it before defining with a remote job. I personally work a writer for this service bid4papers.com/write-my-essay.html , conditions are just perfect.
DanielaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:04 AM   #28
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

A home office with a door is a must, different floor is preferable. We don't have this situation but occasionally my husband or I work from home and the other might be watching the kids. We do Mommy is leaving for work with hugs and everything and in the office with door closed. Unless the plan is to breastfeed everytime. I'd say hubbys not allow to come in unless it's an emergency or you come out. Maybe initially he can but not when baby is say 9m+. Once Mommy leaves for work she's gone until she comes back on breaks. After breaks make a routine of "leaving for work again".

Traveling will be tricky, can DH travel with you while breastfeed? No fun for him though. Read up on posts on storing milk while traveling and get your supply at home built way up if you are bfing full-time. If part time formula, still pump even if dumping while away.

Good luck!!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-25-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote