Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry, what boss is ok with having all these dead weight employees who are constantly out last minute? What happens if you quit? I think you need to stop being constantly available to pick up thier slack, it makes it look like there isn't a problem when there is. If you don't want to be away from your kids, or lady suddenly wants to leave month early, I think it's time to say "I'm sorry, I'm just not able to be available on such short notice right now."

ETA: If I was the mom, I'd be POed at all these last minute cancellers, not you for saying no. I'd be making a stink at the company and threatening to find a new nurse if they didn't have reliable employees. I'd love to have a job where I could cherry pick my schedule by just being "sick" whenever I didn't want to work, but I'd get fired. What a yucky situation. Blech.

Advertisement

Last edited by mibarra; 08-23-2014 at 10:45 PM.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:48 PM   #12
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Re: mommy guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I'm sorry, what boss is ok with having all these dead weight employees who are constantly out last minute? What happens if you quit? I think you need to stop being constantly available to pick up thier slack, it makes it look like there isn't a problem when there is. If you don't want to be away from your kids, or lady suddenly wants to leave month early, I think it's time to say "I'm sorry, I'm just not able to be available on such short notice right now."

ETA: If I was the mom, I'd be POed at all these last minute cancellers, not you for saying no. I'd be making a stink at the company and threatening to find a new nurse if they didn't have reliable employees. I'd love to have a job where I could cherry pick my schedule by just being "sick" whenever I didn't want to work, but I'd get fired. What a yucky situation. Blech.
Yea. The mom is POed big time. She told my company (agency) to find a diff nurse, but then gave her a second chance. Now, schedule has been set for 3 mo (as of 2wks ago). Im sched T-Sat 7-3. After 3mo is up, ive told them Id like to be cut back to T-F 7-3.
Suddenly otger nurse says she cant work evening 3-11shift F&Sat and that it only worked for summer. Uh hello, there was only 2wks of summer left and you agreed to that sched for 3mo. I told the company, Nope I cant change, ive changed/covered sooo many times in 2-3mo and I cant do it now. If it did change, Id only see dh on sunday and part if monday (besides sleeping next to him).
Company just said Ok, theyll probably have a replacement for other nurse coming to train with me soon.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #13
trixieskips
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mommy guilt

It takes time to get in the swing of things. Be patient. And good luck!
trixieskips is offline   Reply With Quote