Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Worth the time to fix?

I have 8 or so cheapo Babyland diapers. I got these for super cheap on Ebay while I was pregnant with DD. I have only used them occasionally. (A few have delaminated ... one the first time I washed it! I've thrown away all the delaminated ones.) The elastic on these are shot but the PUL is okay (for now) . All the snaps work. We don't really even use them and they have never been in the dryer ... These are the back ups to my back ups! The elastic is completely shot! They have no stretch left so If I don't replace them they would not be functional at all.

Would you fix them? I hate to throw them away but I'm not sure it's worth my time. It appears the elastic is tacked in on these and then sewn in with the top stitching. (Not cased... actually sewn with the top stitching). I'd have to rip out the top stitching in the back & legs and redo it. I have plenty of elastic or lastin on hand that I could use.

I'm on the fence. wwyd ?(besides not have bought them in the first place )

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Worth the time to fix?

I would offer them ffs, i would not take the time to fix them. But im feeling really lazy about extra work since i became pregnant and im only 11 weeks along too.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree, they would not be worth my time and I would FFS them.

I would have saved the delamated ones with good elastic for swim diapers.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm just going to fix them. I calculated the cost to FFS them with inserts and it was almost what I paid new. I don't think it would be fair to send non-functional diapers to someone if they could pay just 25 cents more a diaper and get them new on Ebay. I can't see anyone with cloth diapering experience wanting them and I'd hate to pass these on to someone new to cloth diapering. I'd hate for someone to think all cloth diapers suck like these. They are okay for a newbie/young infant for daytime but not like a good quality diaper. If they delaminated from hot water... I imagine one time in a dryer would kill them all. (I don't even want the drama of sending diapers that delaminated on someone as they washed them before their kid could even use them!)

Maybe I'm over thinking it but I think anyone who would really need them probably would not have the time/skills to fix them. So I'm just going to fix them with lastin (that should store better than polybraid elastic) and pack them away with my newborn diapers. Maybe I'll have another baby someday to wear them and if not I'm sure I'll eventually meet someone locally who could use them.

I guess it's worth my time to keep them out of the landfill.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just ship the body, the inserts are not needed by most people and you can use anything absorbent to stuff.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote