Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
There was this one time...when I was pregnant...

Let's start a thread where we post our crazy hormonal pregnancy stories!

I'll go first...

There was this one time... when I was pregnant... and I was totally rude to a telemarketer...

Me: Hello?
Him: Hi this is so and so from blah blah blah calling on behalf of the police department... (looking for money)
Me: So, you're calling at 8:20am on a Saturday? (very perterbed!)
Him: Maam, Terror never sleeps.
Me: Yeah, well this 34 week pregnant lady that you just woke up treasures her sleep very much!!!
Him: Oh, sorry maam, I'll call back at a better time.
Click.

Was that bad of me!?! WHO calls looking for money on a Saturday at 8:20am!?!?!?!

Come on ladies! I know you have stories about what your hormones have made you do...or what your hormones have made your hubbies do for you!

Advertisement

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: There was this one time...when I was pregnant...

Well one time in the beginning of my triplet pregnancy I lost it, yelling, screaming, etc because DH had the nerve to be cooking meat and did not open doors and windows. He just kinda stood there like huh? Granted I never told him this was a requirement for cooking dinner. Yeah I feel kinda bad for him thinking back
Old 08-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
ashley_1301
Registered Users
seller

BAWLING at the bank b/c i had forgotten to deposit our house payment which in turn made us overdraw about 6 transactions (one was a grand total of $1.50). they just didn't understand why this crazy pregnant woman was being TOTALLY irrational. they were even refunding the nsf charges.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

One time when I was pregnant, we moved our old trailer house onto a lot we had bought in town, and the neighbor (landlord, not the tenant) didn't like it one bit. Apparently he thought it would drive down the value of his property (which he had just bought as a rental, so why paying lower property taxes would be a problem....?) Anyhow, when the gas company requested permission to cross his property with a gas line, he refused permission, telling our tenants (my sis and BIL) that until we re-sided the trailer, he wouldn't give permission. Sooo, I called City Hall and asked if there was any ordinance against putting a propane tank on a city lot. There wasn't.

Then I called the guy, and told him that we had already bought siding for the trailer, but I was not going to make my sister and her husband go without hot water or a stove until the re-siding and skirting was completed, so if he didn't want to let the gas company cross his property, that was fine. But I would get a big old propane tank (BIL delivered propane at the time) and park it right out front, and it would stay there permanently, and just forget about the gas line. He decided maybe he'd let the gas line go in without any more fuss.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
Formerly: mumto2
seller
seller

My Mood:

this happened in the hospital when my dad was there being treated for cancer. i think i was maybe 30-32 weeks or something and i was down in the lunchroom getting something to eat and i was standing there trying to figure out what i wanted and i was going to grab for something when this guy come up behind me and grabed it before me so i just reached on his plate and took it back and told him it was mine and not to mess with a pregnant lady whos father just found out he has cancer and wont let anyone go home. yea that was a bad thing at the time but now i look back at it and laugh

SAHMama to Austyn 3/06, Anya 9/08, and Christopher 9/10
Lillian Louise 12/12
moonsandmarshmellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #6
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Terror never sleeps?? I would have gone NUTS on that guy.

I didn't talk with my husband for the entire day because he wouldn't turn around for Chick-Fil-A.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great stories ladies! Isn't it nuts what a hormonal lady will do!?!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
blessed3times
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One day I was soooo hungry, I pretty much threatened my husband into stopping to get something to eat. We ended up in McDonald's drive thru... As I was enjoying my chicken sandwich, I saw a homeless man laying on a bench at a park. I would think that was sad at any time, but with my pregnancy hormones, I started crying like a baby and talking about how selfish I was to be demanding a chicken sandwich and acting like I was starving when that man had probably not eaten for days. I was so tore up, I couldn't even finish my sandwich. My dh was at a loss for what to do or say...

Old 08-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #9
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I've gotten bent about food and sleep. Oh and this time around I was known to cuss out people from inside my car for parking in the "Expectant Mother's" parking at the grocery store and there not being any other preggos in the store but me. One lady who looked like Cruella Deville and was NOT pregnant, was loading her passenger side seat up with groceries. My nearly 40 week pregnant self was PISSED and I as I walked waddled by I said as loud as I dared "Oh, yeah, you look REALLY pregnant."
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Oh my...

When my water broke I went into the hospital to "deliver" Mikey. THey had a *new* nurse shadowing the regular nurse. SO this new nurse went to put an IV in and was *TRYING* to stick it in the top side of my hand. Well she could not find the vein and started wigglying the needle around look for it. HOLY COW it was painful, My mom was holding my face so I doulnt see what was happening because i hate needles....But Blood was literally shooting straight up in the air and over to where I could see it. I was crying because it hurt so bad and I was telling them to take it out now that I was covered in blood Literally it was like a bad horror slash blood movie....And the Regular nurse took the needle out and SO rude saids to me " Whats hurting so bad? We need to do this" And I yelled back "How about the needle in my F@*king Hand that you arent doing right, is what really hurts"

I apologized later I felt really bad for that, but it hurt so bad....and I was having contractions at the same time