Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #21
kittygeorge
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why do you have a cat? What makes a cat a good pet?

I love my cats. I have 2.

They provide a lot of love. They are a great comfort when I am sick or feeling down. They are funny to watch interact. The purring sound they make is very calming. I talk to them as if they are human. They take naps with me and sit on my lap while I am on the computer or watching tv. They provide companionship.

They are super easy to take care of. We can even leave for a weekend and they are fine. Just make sure they have enough dry food set out and a big bowl of water with fresh empty litter boxes and they can take care of themselves.

Advertisement

kittygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #22
cat8120
Registered Users
seller

Cats are so much easier than dogs. And cleaner. And SOOOO much easier. I have one dog and 2 cats.
cat8120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #23
maggiejoh99
Registered Users

I grew up on a farm with farm cats so I have been around cats my whole life. I have one cat now who is almost 11 years old. What I love about cats is that if you go away for a weekend you can leave the cat by themselves. I always leave a clean litter box and extra food and water and my cat is fine. With a dog, you always have to find someone to watch it or someone has to come over to your house several times a day to take it outside. Or you have to take the dog with you. A dog is more expensive than a cat. Besides checkups, I have only take my cat to the vet once in her 11 years with a medical issue. Another plus is that I have a fear of mice. They scare the crap out of me so I love the fact that I do not have to worry about one in my house. I live in a small city by farm ground and several of my neighbors complain about mice in their house. I have never had the problem thanks to my cat.
maggiejoh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have 2 of them because the kid wanted them. We went to the shelter for one, came home with 2. As long as he cleans the litter boxes, it's cool. He's kept up with it for a year now so I guess they're staying.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:53 PM   #25
nishtetishte
Registered Users

I love cats because they are so independent. We have two and don't really have to do much with them. They have been trained to go potty outside so we don't have to deal with a litter box. They do their own thing and aren't too need; they are pretty cool low maintenance pets.
nishtetishte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:12 PM   #26
cleeper
Registered Users

I have 2 indoor cats now and I grew up with many outdoor cats over the years. Cats are great pets. If he is worried about poop, then just let the cats go outside. They will poop outside and no one has to clean up a litter box. You will just have to give them flea collars if they are outside. They are very independent and so easy to take care of. They just need food and water and either to go outside or a litter box. They are loving and lower your blood pressure when you pet them!
cleeper is offline   Reply With Quote