Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #21
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone make it through 3 or more pregnancies without getting stretchmarks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattysmum07 View Post
My 4th pregnancy as well, first 3 no stretch marks and this time around I am just now starting to get them. They are faint, but they are there!

ETA and w/ my 1st I gained 60lbs, this time so far it's only been 15lbs...strange!
That is really crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
baby #3 here....and so far so good...no stretch marks & i have 3 wks left...woot!
Woot is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew Crafty Baby View Post
I'm on 4th/5th pregnancy.. didn't grow a whole lot with 4ht though... but have no stretchmarks. Like a previous person said, think genetic plays a big part. Also, I am very long waisted so lots of room for babies to grow lengthwise without getting big outward. Mine were also 7.4 and 6.12 only.
Jennifer, I think you are right. I have a long torso as well so there is lots of room for baby (not that it feels like it at the end). Yippee for the genetics of stretchy skin.

Advertisement

Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #22
tessa_s212
Registered Users

My Mood:

I started off prego being quite small/thin, so I'm sure I'll have stretch marks. The only people I've seen not to gain stretch marks during pregnancy were people that started off quite large before being prego. I think it would have to be a miracle if a thin, small person did not get even a single stretch mark.
tessa_s212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #23
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My aunt went through five without any! I'm majorly jealous! And Tessa, my aunt was very thin, and never got any, so that's not true!
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #24
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I have baby number five in December and generally pretty thin and still no stretchmarks here. It is definitely doable!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm tall and have a long torso (and am not thin) and I got a TON of stretchmarks. Ugh. I look like a tiger! The weird thing was that I had a bunch of stretchmarks even when my belly was small and my skin was not stretched tight at all. Sad sad genetics.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 AM   #26
GiusyMarino
Registered Users

A friend recommended dermelastic serum I use to dimish stretch marks - she used during pregnancy with twins and swears by it. I am a fan too! Im using dermelastic serum daily and exfoliate first; key is you have to use it regularly. Im really dedicated to keeping my skin looking good!! THe texture is light and whipped. Loving the light fresh aroma too!
GiusyMarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #27
dreaded mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had stretch marks from before I ever had a baby, but I didn't get any new ones from pregnancy. Which I thought was a miracle considering I'm 4"11' and 80lba prepregnancy. The ones I got were from a growth spurt as a teen grr. I feel ya with fearing them in a new pregnancy, I worry with #2 now too. I think as long as you use something that helps the elasticity of your skin and keep your weight gain slow and steady you'll be fine.
dreaded mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #28
amdafforn16
Registered Users
seller

I think that genetics determine for the most part whether you'll get stretch marks or not and it sounds like genetics are on your side! I have stretch marks on my thighs from a junior high growth spurt and my mom has lots of stretch marks so I'm guessing I will probably not be so lucky. But I am trying everything I can to prevent if I can help it! Taking collagen and fermented cod liver oil every day to help with skin elasticity and applying a homemade body butter (with shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, almond oil and essential oils) daily. This is my first pregnancy so we shall see. Good luck you!!
amdafforn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #29
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 5 kids, currently preggo with my 6th (its early and im having some complications) but I've never gotten stretch marks. It's possible.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #30
dreaded mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with pp on genetics too, definitely, my sister has never gotten a stretch marks, and she's on her fourth, my mother didn't get any and my grandmother didn't get them with 4 kids. I only got them from gaining a ton of weight as a teen way way too fast. I think I skipped quite a few days with the lotion I was using with my first but yeah no stretch marks from pregnancy, none so far with this one either, but we'll see, got a ways to go lol.
dreaded mama is offline   Reply With Quote