Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #21
EngineerCD
Registered Users

Re: What breast pump brand do you use?

I use the spectra and am very happy with it. I also have a couple hand pumps for on the go.

Advertisement

EngineerCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #22
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used a Lansinoh "double electric" (it didn't have any other name) for over nine years--not constant use, just here and there with 5 babies, a lot as newborns. It got wonky--cutting in and out with suction--at the end, then quit, so I let my big boys (9 and 10) have it. Told them if they can repair it they can have the motor for whatever they want to use it for. Well it didn't take long, there was just a little belt that had stretched out, they replaced it with a rubber band and it worked perfectly again! They considered several options for what to use it for, and decided to sell it back to me lol. Then charged me 50 cents each time the rubber band came off and they had to put it back on! Definitely got my money's worth out of that pump though, I am content with that.

Several of my babies have had trouble putting on weight 6-12 months, I believe my supply drops too much when they sleep through the night, start some foods, plus there may be anatomy things contributing, so I'm planning to keep up with pumping regularly with this next babe. I haven't gotten to look into it yet this pg, but last pg (m/c) I decided on the Spectra. I think it was the 2 I was going for.

I also rented hospital one with my first baby. I know the pieces were Medela, so I assume the pump was. It was certainly easy, but at that time I had so much milk I had no trouble filling my Gerber manual pump either! I liked that manual, got rid of it when I had the Lansinoh, and this summer I asked DH to grab a manual at walmart because I was losing supply with the pregnancy and 1yo couldn't handle cow's milk. He found a Lansinoh manual, and it works but isn't as nice as the Gerber one. I can't compare effectiveness because of the huge difference in supply and passing of 11 years in between.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #23
heidi1223
Registered Users

medela PISA but check out the new willow, its such a nice dream!
heidi1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #24
JudasMommy
Registered Users

I have an ameda which came for free from my insurance and I have a Medela Pump in style from my first child. The Ameda is nice because it has a place to put the bottles to help avoid spills, but seems weaker than the Medela. Medela is a little frustrating because the bottles tip and spill easy with the huge pump attachment.
JudasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:17 PM   #25
kb2037
Registered Users

I have a spectra s1, actually 2 of them, they are awesome!
kb2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #26
Biggiesmum
Registered Users

I also use a Medela Pump in Style.
Biggiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #27
Smy42
Registered Users

My Mood:

Spectra!!
Smy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #28
Beebs2424
Registered Users

My Mood:

We do once per day, sometimes twice. We have maintained a small supply mainly for sleep and comfort.
Beebs2424 is offline   Reply With Quote