Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
rlr10200
Registered Users

My Mood:
BFing while Pregnant?

Im just curious about this Mamas. I notice a lot of mamas on here are pregnant and still bf. Obviously it is safe or you wouldnt do it but why do some books warn against it? Is there really a risk of pre-term labor from the stimulation? I am bfing my 9mo and do not plan on anymore, but am considering surrogacy and was wondering if I should wait till DS is finished BFing.

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BFing while Pregnant?

I think you should wait until your lo is done nursing. I say that just because it will be harder on you and your lo if you are still nursing while pregnant. Alot of mothers have a decrease in milk during the pregnancy and if your lo is still night nursing, it can be really tiring. I'm not against nursing during pregnancy by any means, in fact, I'm nak right now!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: BFing while Pregnant?

Since its a planned pregnancy, I would wait too-at least until he's able to support himself on solids completely, especially if you are going to be doing anything like IVF. My milk is gone by 16 weeks when I'm pregnant, and both of my kids needed it longer than that. I nursed ds through my pg with dd though, and I am nursing dd through this pg.