Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
sistersusannah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question about all day morning sickness- I would love some advice.

So here is my question- when does all day morning sickness get bad enough where you need medicine? I never had morning sickness with my son- ever. And now I truly realize how lucky I was. Because now, it starts about 10-11 in the morning and lasts the rest of the day, into the night, until I go to bed practically. I am trying every remedy I can think of, have read about, have been suggested- ginger chews, ginger ale (the real stuff too), ginger root, Morning Sickness Magic capsules, Sea-bands, peppermint, lemonade, eating lots of small meals, vitamin B6,. I am having some pretty bad heartburn too which does not help things. I am sorry to whine and complain- I am just worthless right now. I am so tired all the time too. If you have any suggestions or advice, please share. Thanks for listening.

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
TabbySanchez07
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question about all day morning sickness- I would love some advice.

With both my boys I was sick 24/7 the WHOLE 9 months! I took zofran with my first and it helped some what and I took phenegram with my second and it helped some but made me soooo tired. This time around I am on zofran, but I dont notice that it helps as much as I would like. I guess if it gets to the point where you just cant function then you need help. Now thats if you are actually throwing up. If your just nauseous then it wont really help that. Hope you feel better soon. I am 13 weeks and still have a lot of m/s.

Oh and we are all here for you to whine and complain. Its just a part of pregnancy thats what we are here for.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
sistersusannah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbySanchez07 View Post
With both my boys I was sick 24/7 the WHOLE 9 months! I took zofran with my first and it helped some what and I took phenegram with my second and it helped some but made me soooo tired. This time around I am on zofran, but I dont notice that it helps as much as I would like. I guess if it gets to the point where you just cant function then you need help. Now thats if you are actually throwing up. If your just nauseous then it wont really help that. Hope you feel better soon. I am 13 weeks and still have a lot of m/s.

Oh and we are all here for you to whine and complain. Its just a part of pregnancy thats what we are here for.
thanks mama. I am not throwing up but boy, I feel like I coul ALL the time. I told my college aged babysitter today- I feel like I did back in college, when I had had way too much the night before and the next day was a day that I just wish would dissappear into the annals of history. that bad.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

That how I was for every pregnancy. Luckily, it subsided around 15 weeks. Nothing helped. i'm so sorry mama.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
Momdeprovence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am right there with you...I wish I could throw up, but I just feel like I'm going to . I was talking to my daughter today and gagged--she doesn't know I'm pg yet, so I had to cover up for it. I'm going to try some of what you listed. I only feel better when I eat something creamy and fatty, and then about an hour later I'm sick again. lol
Old 09-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
MCmom3
Registered Users
seller

rest, keeping hydrated, and finding something to eat the somewhat settled my tummy was the only thing that worked. And even with that I didn't feel good. I just at least didn't feel like I was going to throw up so badly. Ice cream in small quantities and yogurt helped me - not sure if it will for you (might help the heartburn too). I also started taking tums toward the end of the sickness for the heartburn and it helped. Luckily it was all gone by 12-13 weeks, so I hope this clears up for you too!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
sistersusannah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCmom3 View Post
rest, keeping hydrated, and finding something to eat the somewhat settled my tummy was the only thing that worked. And even with that I didn't feel good. I just at least didn't feel like I was going to throw up so badly. Ice cream in small quantities and yogurt helped me - not sure if it will for you (might help the heartburn too). I also started taking tums toward the end of the sickness for the heartburn and it helped. Luckily it was all gone by 12-13 weeks, so I hope this clears up for you too!
Thanks mama I also just got the suggestion of watermelon from another friend- it sounds good and I might try that too. I don't think that it is helping that we just got a new Tempurpedic mattress and it STINKS! Ever time I walk into the bedroom, I just want to barf.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

IMHO, when its interferring with your functioning and preventing you from eating nad drinking adequately, it may be time to consider meds. IME the zofran helps with vomitting, but not so much with the nausea feeling. I was on zofran for my first 2 pregnancies because i vomitted oh 5-10 times a day from about 6 weeks through delivery with both. With this pregnancy i didnt throw up so much, but dealt with a lot of nausea which can be just as difficult honestly I think. My Dr prescribed me phenergan (promethazine) and while it can make you sleepy, it does help with the nausea even if your not throwing up. Im actually back on the phenergan as needed in IV form, and its amazing.. i feel better almost instantly when they give it to me. Id say about 50% of the time it makes me sleepy tho.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
MCmom3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistersusannah View Post
Thanks mama I also just got the suggestion of watermelon from another friend- it sounds good and I might try that too. I don't think that it is helping that we just got a new Tempurpedic mattress and it STINKS! Ever time I walk into the bedroom, I just want to barf.
Oh yes, smells can make it so much worse! I used to have some reusable grocery bags in my car and I would get so sick in the car (I would gag all the way to work) until I discovered it was the smell of the bags in the back! Smelling citrus things made me feel better (mainly oranges). Maybe try putting a washcloth with a nice scent on it next to your bed and put that under your head at night? Or even a surgical mask with a light scent on it? I would try anything to feel better even if it does look ridiculous!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

the heartburn could be causing some of the nausea, try zantac if the tums aren't helping it

I live in canada so I was able to get diclectin but I hear the US equivalent is unisom and vitamin b12? all I know is I couldn't even function without the diclectin so it did a WORLD of good.
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote