Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #11
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: drinking enough water?

Water? I cant stand it, so I dilute my sweet tea. I usually get about 4 actually cups of water in- the rest is the naughty stuff. I'm just generally NOT thirsty and crave the bad stuff.

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasenior06 View Post
i think she did mine cause of the GD .. he was measuring 31 weeks then at the 29 week check ..
i finished bottle #3 .. what are you on ?
ahh i see, i forgot about the GD

speaking of which, i did my GTT the day after christmas, they would have called by now if i failed, dont you think? I am halfway done with my 3rd glass-- im kind of a slacker about it tonight, but my RRL tea i drink everynight is a good 10oz at least (WAY more than 8, i know that, but i'll be conservative and say 10, lol) Thats why i started this thread, because i was a total water drinking slacker last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean View Post
Water? I cant stand it, so I dilute my sweet tea. I usually get about 4 actually cups of water in- the rest is the naughty stuff. I'm just generally NOT thirsty and crave the bad stuff.
hey if its decaf you should be fine! I include my red raspberry leaf tea in my water intake but its herbal and therefore NO caffiene.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #13
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToBe84 View Post
ahh i see, i forgot about the GD

speaking of which, i did my GTT the day after christmas, they would have called by now if i failed, dont you think? I am halfway done with my 3rd glass-- im kind of a slacker about it tonight, but my RRL tea i drink everynight is a good 10oz at least (WAY more than 8, i know that, but i'll be conservative and say 10, lol) Thats why i started this thread, because i was a total water drinking slacker last night

hey if its decaf you should be fine! I include my red raspberry leaf tea in my water intake but its herbal and therefore NO caffiene.
i think they would have .. on #4 now .. GD is a huge thing .. call if you want to know
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #14
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just finished #4 how are you doing ?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think im still on #3... i lost track, so im either on 3 or 4... but i did just drink an ensure, and i drank my big mug of tea... i know the tea counts-- does the ensure count? lol!

my doctor told me two weeks ago i need to gain weight, so im trying really hard... im so worried about the midwife dropping me... i dont know how i will handle childbirth if i have to be hooked up to machines on a hospital bed, ugh! thats my biggest fear!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToBe84 View Post
i think im still on #3... i lost track, so im either on 3 or 4... but i did just drink an ensure, and i drank my big mug of tea... i know the tea counts-- does the ensure count? lol!

my doctor told me two weeks ago i need to gain weight, so im trying really hard... im so worried about the midwife dropping me... i dont know how i will handle childbirth if i have to be hooked up to machines on a hospital bed, ugh! thats my biggest fear!
hmm not sure the other ones count why would the midwife drop you if the baby is thriving ??
Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got this big jug thing with a straw from target for like two bucks that is 64 onzes I think, I try to drink at least one a day and I put a lime wedge and handfull of frozen berries in it under the ice...
Old 01-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasenior06 View Post
hmm not sure the other ones count why would the midwife drop you if the baby is thriving ??
i dont know if they really would, but i just got that feeling when she told me last appt "you need to gain about a pound a week since you havent gained anything"...

i told her tis not like im not trying, and that my mom and grandma didnt gain any weight with any of their pregnancies, nd she said "back then, they werent encouraged to gain weight" but my mom just had my sister 9 years ago, i dont consider that "back then" ya know? and my grandma said it wasnt that she didnt tyr to gain weight, she just never did, and my mom was the same way, so couldnt it be a genetic thing? we just dont gain the pounds during pregnancy?

I could also be being irrational, but im terrified of having to have a regular hospital birth because i know myself, and im going to want to get the hell out of there, and i'll probably give into interventions i wouldnt normally want, ya know?

but the baby was just fine... i mean on my u/s at 21w he was like 2oz away from a pound, which i thought was a good weight for that point, and he had no heart issues or anything, they said he was "unremarkable"... but the midwife keeps scaring me... like i absolutely HAVE to gain weight, and i absolutely HAVE to have abx during labor because of my heart surgery 23 years ago, and now all of a sudden my zoloft MIGHT be a concern... its like wtf? I seriously got along with my OB better, but i want the alternative birthing center so badly, im stuck with the midwives :/