Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
jessilynn2890
Registered Users

Re: Dog hair everywhere!!

You can use the people fish oil supplement if she doesnt have a problem with pills. One a day, then 2 as she gets bigger (weight gain, probably over 50 lbs. Is the transition). if shes picky, or if you dont want the hassle of pills, there is a pump liquid formula that goes on food. You could add the recommended dose each day, morning or night. If you look on amazon or something under fish oil or salmon oil supplement for dogs, you should find it. Im going to go look for a bunch of links to show you hang in there! Once you get the routine down, its a breeze.

Advertisement

jessilynn2890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #12
jessilynn2890
Registered Users

The rubber brush I was telling you about, good on the couch and the dog: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

And the pump fish oil supplement:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

If youre giving her baths at home, use this too- works awesome! But you need to use the conditioner too, thats where the treatment is.

What kind of brushes are you using right now? Just curious
Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #13
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm not sure what the brush is called. It almost looks like an oversized razor. lol. Not good at explaining.

I'll check those links out. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #14
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilynn2890 View Post
The rubber brush I was telling you about, good on the couch and the dog: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002AR19Q/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20

And the pump fish oil supplement:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ABR6E/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20

If youre giving her baths at home, use this too- works awesome! But you need to use the conditioner too, thats where the treatment is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045IPMGK/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045IPMJW/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20

What kind of brushes are you using right now? Just curious
I love the zoom groom for my 2. They are a pit mix and a greyhound Shepard mix and it gets so much hair off of them. Whenever I take the kids out back I try to take a few minutes and groom the dogs and I find it cuts back a lot on the hair in the house.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #15
cutestbabyboy
Registered Users
seller

Buy a Furminator, Amazon has the best prices. We raise first generation Goldendoodles so while the puppies themselves don't shed, the momma dog, the Golden Retriever does. Not only do they shed pretty bad on a normal basis, but after they have their puppies, they "blow coat," same as after a woman has a baby and looses lots of her hair (I'm going through that myself right now and it's terrible!)

We have found great relief with the furminator on our Golden Retrievers. It works like nothing else I've ever used to pull all the loose fur out so it doesn't fall out all over the house. That paired with an excellent raw food diet like Primal, (or make your own if you're on a budget, it's so much cheaper,) and you'll notice a huge improvement in her shedding.
cutestbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #16
Ola_
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVDesigns View Post
I'm not sure what the brush is called. It almost looks like an oversized razor. lol.
Sounds like a shedding blade? Those do a very good job at getting the loose overcoat, I might get something to get underneath the hair too.

We use a people fish oil supplement, it comes in gelcaps which I like cause it's not messy. Most dogs love it and if you feed kibble you can just toss it into the bowl. The first time I gave it to my dogs I had to prick the capsule with a pin and squeeze a bit of the oil out so they could taste and smell it. After that they have just taken it straight from my hand and eaten it, they remind me if I forget to give it to them.

When shopping for fish oil don't look at just the mg in each capsule but look at the amount of EPA and DHA (those are the good omegas that it gives you). Sometimes the cheap varieties have much less of them so you end up giving more pills (which is a pain) and sometimes even paying more in the end cause you go through the package so much faster.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #17
jessilynn2890
Registered Users

Could be a shedding blade. Or a furminator, the brush part on those kinda look like giant razor to me lol. As long as you are getting hair out when you're brushing, thats good. Maybe try the zoom groom and then your brush, to maximize brushing power. Haha Glad I could help! Good luck on cutting out the layer of lab hair
Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #18
pinks20
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilynn2890 View Post
you could try adding a fish oil supplement to her diet. the omega fatty acids are good for skin and coat, and do reduce shedding. other than that, a swiffer is my best friend on hardwood because the pads cling to that hair. if you're having issues with hair on furniture that isn't coming out with a vacuum, i have a rubber brush (mine is a horse one, actually, but anything rubber with little grippies on it will work). i scrub it in circles to pull all the hair up, then vacuum. any extra brushing you could manage would also help, obviously. i like to get the kids in on it 5 mins a day or even every other day would make a huge difference. i have to force myself to stay in a routine, because i can totally tell if i skip a few days.
I like the rubber brush idea! We vacuum a lot around my house. More carpet than not, but I find it in piles on the wood in the kitchen/dining area. Daily brushing is a great idea also. We were lazy with that activity! LOL!
pinks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #19
Ark2003
Registered Users

Another vote for fish oil an a furminator. I also have tried the Dyson grooming vacuum tool attachment. You can use it with any vacuum cleaner, not just Dyson.

When our sweet Bernese mountain dog passed away last year, I determined not to get another heavy shedding dog. We have a standard poodle now and she sheds less than I do!!!

Amanda (mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy)
Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #20
3littlesecrets
Registered Users

We have the same problem!
3littlesecrets is offline   Reply With Quote