Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #21
Angel89411
Banned

Re: Dog hair everywhere!!

I have a pug. I have no clue where all the hair comes from. I have just learned to live with it.

Advertisement

Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
Peanutsmama2b
Registered Users
seller

As a housewarming gift my mom got us a Neato. It is a robotic vacuum like the more well known Roomba. I LOVE it. It gives me a motivation to get the kids toys all picked up off the floor before we go out on errands so I can turn it on when we leave. It will vacuum the house and return to its charger, All I have to do is empty the bin! I almost forgot, we have 2 babies, one large dog, and one fat cat! It does a great job with all the hair!
Peanutsmama2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #23
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well I came across a Eureka Quick-Up 2 in 1 today for $25. It has the option to turn off the roller so I figured I'd give it a try and it works great! I looked up the reviews before I got it and it was almost 5 stars.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #24
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

My pit mix started randomly shedding a ton about a month ago. It was terrible- there was hair everywhere and we had to vacuum a ton. Now suddenly she stopped. She is undergoing heart worm treatment and is on medication from that so maybe that is what caused it? All I know is that we didn't wear any dark colored pants or fleece the whole time.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #25
TheMamaPeacock
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a borgi(corgi x border collie) and she sheds like no other I honestly thought I was going to have to kick her out of the house it was so bad but I got the shark professional navigator and it has a swifter vacuum attachment thing and it works insanely good. I kind of wanted to throw up the first time I used it and saw how much hair and dirt was on my floor it's the best vacuum I've ever used I vacuum everyday or every other day at the minimum and I get a canister full of hair each time!! Good luck with your furry friend!
TheMamaPeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #26
mydinosaurx
Registered Users
seller

I agree with the couple of comments that suggested a Furminator. We have 3 english bulldogs and the dog hair everywhere was getting crazy. When we're outside I just brush them off a couple times a week and it has made a HUGE difference! We also have a Roomba and I set that to run every time we leave the house.
mydinosaurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #27
nellycakes80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 Siberian Husky's and also seem to have hair everywhere... The fish/salmon oil worked to keep the little fly away hairs under control for awhile, but then it stopped ...

We just got a Dyson DC65 animal, it doesn't seem to be much better than our old cheapy one but who knows, the upholstery attachment and wand though are wonderful!!! I definitely notice a difference there. I vacuum the floors probably 4 times a week (at least) and the sofa 1x a week really good and spot clean it another 1x a week... Darn these pups, so much work...

My girlfriend takes her lab to some women who bathes him in essential oils then shaves him (not all the way). Before she found that lady she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of all the hair
nellycakes80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #28
teettrav
Registered Users
seller

Fur has become a way of life here. We have a Golden Retriever as well as two cats and a Dogo Argentino puppy. Very frustrating and hard to deal with, but alas, a necessary evil for great pets! Hope you figure something out!
teettrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #29
natnatc
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 labs and deal with lots of hair too. My best tips are using a furminator frequently, and a dyson vac. There is really no way to get rid of it completely though.
natnatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #30
Salamimommy
Registered Users
seller

Ugh! You need a fermenator dog brush and a Dyson vacuum.
Salamimommy is offline   Reply With Quote